2014 Virtual Case Study Competition (VCS)
Sycamores Reign Supreme!
The judges have made their choices and the winners have been announced for our 13th annual contest. All final submissions, along with a write-up of the case studies, will be published in the Spring edition of "The Journal of Technology in Student Affairs".
- This year's case study scenario dealt with the topic of sexual violence. READ MORE...
This year we received 56 team submissions from 40 separate schools. Whitney Wesley, Jenny Roxas, Alyssa Bennett, and Alexander Barko from Indiana State University won top honors. Jasmine Scott, Larry Serfozo, Woody Lawson, and Sivling Heng from Indiana University placed second. Jasmine Scott, Larry Serfozo, Bernard (Woody) Lawson, and Sivling Heng from the University of Arizona earned third place.
Did You Know?
According to Wikipedia, "sycamore" is a type of tree. The name derives from the Greek word "sukomoros" meaning fig-mulberry.
1st Place: Indiana State University
Whitney Wesley, Jenny Roxas, Alyssa Bennett, Alexander Barko
$150 awarded to each team member
2nd Place: Indiana University
Jasmine Scott, Larry Serfozo, Woody Lawson, Sivling Heng
$100 to each team member
3rd Place: University of Arizona
Noel Hennessey, Kristen Cummings, Lysette Davis
$50 awarded to each team member
- Arkansas Tech University
- Baldwin Wallace University
- BallState University
- Boston College
- Bowling Green University
- Buffalo State University
- California State University, Fullerton
- Clemson University
- Eastern Illinois University
- Florida International University
- Grand Valley State University
- Indiana State University
- Indiana University
- Kansas State University
- Kennesaw State University
- Montclair State University
- New York University
- North Carolina State University
- Sam Houston State University
- Seattle University
- Stephen F Austin State University
- Troy University
- University of Akron
- University of Arizona
- University of Central Florida
- University of Central Missouri
- University of Denver
- University of Florida
- University of Illinois
- University of Louisville
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- University of North Dakota
- University of Northern Iowa
- University of Rhode Island
- University of St.Thomas
- University of West Georgia
- Western Illinois University
- Western Michigan University
- Wright State University
Links to individual team submission materials will be available in the Spring 2015 edition of The Journal of Technology in Student Affairs.