Avoiding Common Mistakes made by New #SAPros
Duration: 1 hour
Facilitator: Dr. Ijeoma Nwaogu
Attendees will gain invaluable insights that will support their efforts to survive and thrive in their roles and strategies to help them to avoid common mistakes made by new #SAPros.
New #SAPros are expected to deliver quality service and support in their roles. They also desire to have positive and successful experiences in their roles. As new #SAPros enter their positions, they need early and ongoing support to operate effectively in their work. However, all too often, new #SAPros pursue their professional spaces without the insights and strategies needed to endure and flourish in their positions. Namely, new #SAPros struggle with a variety of matters, some of which include, managing work and personal time, practicing good work habits and maintaining realistic expectations. Without addressing these factors, new #SAPros run the risk of jeopardizing their employment, work relationships, job effectiveness and efficiency, and personal wellness. For these reasons, this webinar will offer insights to refine the ways in which new #SAPros think about their upcoming or current work experiences. They will also participate in a mind shift exercise to begin the practice of preserving constructive thinking habits. Moreover, attendees will gain action points to apply as new #SAPros. Lastly, attendees will define their own action steps to identify behaviors they wish to implement in their work. By the end of the webinar, attendees will become better prepared to achieve greater success in their roles as they will acquire the informational and strategic tools needed to manage their work experiences at optimal levels.
- Attendees will understand the common needs and shared goals of new #SAPros.
- Attendees will learn about the problems associated with the experiences of new #SAPros.
- Attendees will learn of the importance of addressing the discussed problems associated with the experiences of new #SAPros.
- Attendees will gain insights to refine their ways of thinking about their upcoming or current experiences as new #SAPros.
- Attendees will gain action points to employ as new #SAPros.
- Attendees will participate in a mind shift exercise to begin the practice of developing constructive thinking habits as a new #SAPros.
- Attendees will create action steps for themselves, i.e., a list behaviors they wish to implement after the webinar.
Who should attend:
New professionals in Student Affairs, (0-2 years in professional roles)
*Attendees will need an index card of any size for the mind shift exercise and a sheet of paper to list the action steps they create for themselves.
Dr. Ijeoma Nwaogu is the Founder/Principal of EVERLEAD™, a new leadership coaching and consulting firm. Dr. Nwaogu has worked in higher education as an educator, advisor, administrator and counselor. Also, she served in a variety of functional areas in Student Affairs such as Residence Life, Student Conduct, Multicultural Affairs, Disability Services, Health Promotions and Student Activities.