Le Moyne CollegeSyracuse, NY United States
About LeMoyne College:
Le Moyne College, located in Syracuse, N.Y., is an independent college established by the Jesuits in 1946 to provide students with a values-based, comprehensive academic program designed to foster intellectual excellence and preparation for a life of leadership and service. Today, Le Moyne has evolved into a nationally acclaimed college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from across the U.S. and abroad.
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne College aims to advance the values of diversity and inclusiveness at the college. To do this, Le Moyne seeks scholars and professionals who bring innovation, creativity, and impact to the campus, and who bring greater depth, breadth, and diversity to our campus community.
The Benefits and Leave Specialist is responsible for supporting the administration of the College's benefits, retirement and leave programs. This position plays a critical role in day-to-day benefit operations by supporting employees and maintaining compliance requirements for these plans and programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Job duties specific to this position:
- Works under the direction of the HR Manager to support and administer the College's benefits programs which includes all medical, dental, vision plans, life and disability insurances, ancillary insurance plans as well as retirement benefit plans.
- Researches and resolves questions, provides guidance and advises employees and retirees of options related to enrollment, changes and cancellations of the College's benefits programs.
- Attends biweekly meetings with the Benefit Third Party Administrator with the HR Manager.
- Provides all benefit changes and double deductions for premiums to payroll each pay period for processing.
- Supports the planning, coordination and execution of annual open enrollment period which includes Benefits Fair, open enrollment sessions, communications, website preparation, and final payroll reports.
- Prepares benefit materials for new hires and all employees. Ensures the webpage and flyers include updated and accurate information.
- Performs quarterly audits for benefit deductions with payroll and the Benefit Third Party Administrator.
- Provides HR system support with regard to any benefit related system issues and ensures the accuracy of all benefit enrollments and benefit changes in order to provide benefit vendors with accurate enrollment and eligibility information.
- Process and maintain employee benefit records, files and claims relating to various benefit programs by processing enrollments and gathering required documentation from the employee and insurance carriers in order to ensure accurate record-keeping and benefit deductions are made.
- Administers adjunct union benefits.
- Assists HR Manager with scheduling Benefits Committee meetings throughout the year.
- Responsible for ACA tracking and measurement annually including notifying eligible employees.
- Responsible for reviewing 1095-C form data for all employees with the Third Party Benefit Administrator including communications to employees regarding available forms and ensuring the 1094-C is filed.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of all benefit vendor billing and submission of billing to Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for Health Savings Account monthly account deposits are processed.
- Ensures any applications for College's Guaranteed Mortgage Program are reviewed, obtains appropriate approvals and are processed.
- Assists in resolving any administrative issues with insurance carriers, including issues related to outstanding premiums.
- Supports the College's tuition benefit programs (Tuition Remission, Tuition Exchange, FACHEX) which includes answering any employee questions and reviewing and processing applications for eligibility purposes.
- Responsible for the distribution of any benefit compliance notices for both the benefit and retirement plans by direction of the HR Manager, which includes emailing notices and posting a copy to the HR Benefit webpage.
- Assists HR Manager with preparation and information gathering for annual retirement benefit valuation.
- Supports the College's retirement plan administration by answering questions, processing recordkeeper employment verifications and other requests.
- Under the direction of the HR Manager, administers the College's leave programs, in compliance with all Federal and state laws. This includes processing and administering all leave requests, employee letters and paperwork for any medical, disability (short term and long term), FMLA, NYSPFL, Worker's Compensation and other forms of leave.
- Responsible to obtain updated medical documentation for employees out on leave.
- Responsible for maintaining leave administration tracking.
- Responsible to prepare annual OSHA 300 log.
- Supports Compensation Manager with special projects or tasks, as needed.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne's mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college's strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne's established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent field required.
- 2+ years of experience in human resources required, experience with benefits and/or leave management preferred
- Strong understanding of legal requirements surrounding various leaves of absences (FMLA, NYPSL, NYS Disability, Worker's Comp, etc) is strongly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, required.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, required.
- Proven track record of strong time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis, required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, required.
- Experience using HRIS systems, preferred.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee's unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne's community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- Generous time off package
Salary Range: $25.00-$30.00 /hr.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
To apply for this position please go to https://lemoyne.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=167560 and click the 'Apply Now' button and submit the required materials for consideration:
* Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
* Current resume
* Contact information for 3 professional references