SUNY DelhiDelhi, NY United States
SUNY Delhi seeks an experienced Electrician to join the Maintenance Department. SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
This position will perform journey level electrician work, using applicable electric code regulations. The incumbent may be required to supervise others to include semi-skilled workers in the repair, maintenance and installation of electrical systems and equipment at SUNY Delhi.
The Electrician is responsible for electrical work including the planning and laying out of work and the diagnosis of trouble in electrical systems or equipment in an assigned area, on an assigned project, or for the college campus as a whole.
- Repairs, troubleshoots malfunctions, maintains and installs electrical systems and equipment such as motors, transformers, wiring, switches, alarm systems, controls and related equipment, and small appliances.
- Work from prints, diagrams, specifications and instructions covering emergency and scheduled repairs; as well as demolition, installation, testing and inspection of work to be done on electrical systems.
- Install system components and wiring in compliance with the NEC, NESC, NFPA and the UFC.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains electrical control circuits for motors, PLC hardware and software and control devices for various electrical devices.
- Test, inspect, clean, repair, dismantle, adjust, replace, installs, assemble and maintain all manual or automatic AC and DC systems, electrical equipment, transformers, switch gear, control panels, regulators, distribution systems, generation systems and various other electrical components.
- Prepares sketches showing location of all wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints.
- Gives verbal instructions and/or demonstrates proper method of performing electrical work and the use of electrician tools and equipment.
- Submits material lists for parts needing to being ordered.
- Researches for information to assist with the repair of Electrical equipment.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Varied (See Description)
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time