SUNY DelhiDelhi, NY United States
The C-PASS counselor will work with students entering into the Collective Pursuit of Academic and Social Supports (C-PASS) program. This position will focus on at-risk and underprepared college students entering into college. Advising will occur individually and in groups, concerning all aspects of academic life for our diverse student population. Topics of discussion include, but are not limited to; strategies for being a successful student, questions regarding academic program requirements, registration, financial aid, change of major, academic progress, social achievements or concerns and college policies.
C-PASS at SUNY Delhi invites applications for the position of C-PASS Counselor in the Division of Diversity Equity and Inclusion. Expectations include academic advisement, tutoring, counseling, and crisis intervention for a diverse student population.
SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity, and inclusiveness are integral to the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
Principal duties include:
- Centralized Academic advisement for students participating in the C-PASS program
- Crisis intervention and mediation, consultation & referrals
- Develop and implement academic, life, interpersonal, and skill development programs
- Assist with the C-PASS admissions and recruitment process
- Assist with planning and implementation of the summer C-PASS Transition Program
- Initiate, research, and gather assessment data related to all components of the program (Assessment)
- Supervise Peer Mentoring, tutoring, and study hours
- Assist with the implementation of student success workshops
- Establish Bi-weekly student contacts with individuals in C-PASS program
- Follow weekly discussion topics created by the supervisor to assist with student success
- Maintain records of student contacts
- Communicate with faculty and staff across campus to best serve students in the C-PASS program
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time