SUNY DelhiDelhi, NY United States
SUNY Delhi seeks a creative and well-spoken educator and investigator to serve as an Assistant Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities. The Assistant Director of Student Rights & Responsibilities will serve as the Deputy Title IX coordinator for SUNY Delhi, reporting to the Director of Student Rights & Responsibilities and most commonly working with the campus Title IX coordinator, University Police, the Chief Diversity Officer, and other Student Life staff. Their primary role will be to educate campus on Title IX issues and to serve as the lead investigator for student centered Title IX concerns, which include sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, sexual assault, dating/domestic violence and stalking. The incumbent will follow campus polices and procedures closely, and act as a neutral party throughout their investigation processes, ultimately providing detailed and unbiased reports on their findings.
A successful applicant should be a strong communicator, both verbally and through written means, with highly effective interpersonal skills and ability to convey complex issues through documentation. They should be a good problem solver and critical thinker, and have solid presentation skills. They should work well both individually and with groups. They should understand the importance of meeting strict deadlines and following procedure and law appropriately. They will need to have excellent judgment and ethically handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial intake meetings regarding complainant reports.
- Investigate Title IX complaints, coordinate and conduct interviews, document evidence in investigation reports, and track complaints, outreach and outcomes.
- Create and present educational programming and training across all campus populations, focused on Title IX issues and reporting.
- Update and track annual Title IX training for returning students using Brightspace. Organize outreach for students in non-compliance, and provide data to the Title IX coordinator.
- Maintain current, accurate understanding of federal, state & local laws including Title IX, Clery, VAWA and associated mandates.
- Facilitate our Memorandum of Understanding with Delaware Opportunities Inc., and coordinate with Safe Against Violence services for the campus.
- Conduct mediation and restorative justice sessions.
- Periodically serve as a hearing officer for community conduct cases.
- Investigate student organizations in regards to hazing allegations.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
SUNY Delhi Job Posting: Assistant Director of Student Rights and Responsibilities (interviewexchange.com)