SUNY DelhiDelhi, NY United States
SUNY Delhi seeks a dependable, forward-thinking, and hard working Plant Utilities Assistant to join Facilities Department. SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity, and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
The Plant Utilities Assistant joins the Facilities Department and works under the general direction of a Plant Utilities Engineer 1, or higher level plant utilities position to assists in the operation, maintenance, and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment providing heat, hot water, ventilation, air-conditioning, and electrical distribution.. Plant Utilities Assistants may perform the activities of this class with considerable independence when supervision is not available and are expected to perform routine activities with considerable independence.
General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors equipment consoles by reading, analyzing and following up on all console readings, charts, and trouble calls.
- Adjusts equipment controls to correct malfunction when indicated by observation or in response to a signal.
- Performs preventive maintenance on heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems.
- As instructed, and under the guidance and supervision of qualified personnel, uses specific chemicals to treat water used in heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems.
- Performs minor repairs such as: replacing worn gaskets, changing belts and tightening joints.
- Performs supervised plumbing, electrical and refrigeration work.
- As assigned, during night shifts, weekends, or holidays, the Plant Utilities Assistant will respond to calls concerning mechanical, electrical, or plumbing breakdowns outside of the plant, troubleshoot the problem, and if possible, make necessary repairs or advise the appropriate authority regarding the problem.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time