SUNY DelhiDelhi, NY United States
SUNY Delhi seeks a dynamic, forward thinking, and engaging Plant Utilities Engineer 1 to join the Facilities Department. SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity, and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
The Plant Utilities Engineer 1 on SUNY Delhi's multi-building facility, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, tests, and calibrates mechanical and electrical equipment providing heat, hot water, ventilation, air-conditioning and electrical distribution in the most efficient and safe manner possible. Incumbents also make recommendations on major overhauls and replacement of equipment and initiate activity relating to energy conservation projects.
Illustrative Duties include:
- Working knowledge of the construction and the safe and efficient operation, maintenance and repair of boilers, chillers, auxiliary heating, ventilating and air-conditioning equipment, and high and low voltage electrical and generating equipment.
- Working knowledge of the operation, methods, materials and tools used in making mechanical and routine electrical repairs to heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing, pneumatic control systems and direct digital and other microprocessor controlled systems.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, PESH, EPA, DEC, Health, NYS Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Codes and Labor rules and regulations as they relate to the requirements of the occupation, including oil spills, chemical spills, air quality, stack emissions and water contamination.
- Using a variety of hand and power tools, including the tools of the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing trades, water test equipment, electric-test equipment and meters, refrigeration test equipment, air adjustment test equipment, soot blowers and turbine cleaners, computer terminals and microprocessors, sonic light and vibration meters, combustion analyzers, personal protective equipment, confined space equipment and portable emergency equipment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to handle and use hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and use appropriate breathing apparatus.
- Ability to climb, stoop and do moderately heavy lifting.
- Ability to train and supervise others.
- May supervise subordinate staff, including Plant Utilities Assistants, Facilities Operations Assistants, and other trades staff.
- Operates computerized energy management systems that control boiler operations, auxiliary equipment and HVAC systems
- Performs work on underground steam distribution.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Varied (See Description)
- Work Experience: 4 - 6 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time