Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health SciencesBoston, MA United States
The Division of Student Affairs and Counseling Services & Wellness seeks an inaugural Coordinator of Health Promotion and Wellness, to provide leadership in the administration, education, evaluation, programming, and training for students on all campuses about health promotion and wellness.
Student Health and Wellness Initiatives (80%)
• Plan, develop, market, implement and evaluate active and passive programming, prevention, and assessment of students on general college health and wellness topics including but not limited to alcohol, drugs, mental health, and sexual health
• Participate in the implementation of the bi-annual American College Health Assessment and the biennial review of Drug and Alchohol Prevention Programs (EDGAR report)
• Collaborate with colleagues on addressing health and mental health equity needs for a diverse population of students.
• Assists with the design and implementation of bystander intervention programs.
• Serve as the primary resource on issues of health promotion and wellness.
• Maintain an e-library of resources on wellness-related topics for students to access.
• Serve as the chair of the Health and Wellness Committee.
• Collaborate with Student Affairs on student conduct mandated wellness sanctions.
• Create and regularly update the Health and Wellness website to best reflect current trends.
• Selects, trains, and advises student members of the Division’s peer education group and graduate student wellness interns, which plans and implements campus wellness programs. Provide training, consultation, and support to staff and faculty on health and wellness student/campus needs.
Student Affairs Generalist Support (20%)
• Participate in University-wide committees and programming/events such as Orientation, Commencement, and Open Houses.
• Maintain knowledge of related Title IX regulations and response protocol.
• Contributes to sustaining and enhancing an inclusive working and learning environment
• Travel to other campuses as needed, schedule to be determined with supervisor
• The primary office space for this position is located in Boston.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Master's degree in Public Health, Higher Education, Social Work, or related field.
• Experience providing health promotion and wellness services in a college setting preferred.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Requires an understanding of the educational, cultural, health and social needs of a domestic and international student community.
• Possesses excellent leadership, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with university support staff in supporting and serving students’ health, emotional, developmental, and behavioral needs.
• Ability to appropriately prioritize tasks and resources.
• Willingness and ability to learn software programs.
• Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated, boosted. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption.
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in Boston, a city that is home to many of the world’s top universities and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration, inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical, vision, and dental insurance, generous time off, retirement and pension plans, and flexible work arrangements to support work/life balance for our employees while advancing the MCPHS strategic plan.
MCPHS is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates a diverse community. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law
- Start Date: 3/27/2023 - Approximate
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
To be further considered, please apply at: