Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health SciencesBoston, MA United States
The Center for Academic Success and Enrichment (CASE) seeks an Academic Coach to work one-on-one and in groups with MCPHS students to build a variety of learning, organizational, study strategies as well as assisting students to understand academic policies to position students for success. This position offers a flexible work arrangement with the opportunity to work remote part of the week.
- Assists students in the understanding and interpretation of academic policies and procedures
- Guides students through degree requirements, assists with course selection and referrals through individual academic meetings
- Counsels students regarding study skills, test taking strategies, and time management
- Works with students who are referred by faculty and staff for remediation and academic assistance
- Tracks at-risk students’ progress electronically using learning management software and other data management software
- Creates Academic Improvement Plans for students on warning and probation
- Creates and facilitates skill-building workshops, advising/career related workshops, and/or major-specific programming to positively influence the academic success of students
- Makes effective and timely referrals to the Office of Student Access and Accommodations, Counseling Services, Tutoring Programs and other campus partners and departments
- Maintains records and collects data to assess the effectiveness of student success initiatives and academic progress
- Builds relationships with faculty, staff, and academic leaders and serve as a resource for them regarding academic assistance for students
- Works occasional nights and weekends
- Assists with Open House, Accepted Students Day, Orientation, and Commencement
- Participates in retreats and professional development within the Division of Student Achievement and Success
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor
• A Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, or a related field, and five to seven years of experience in a higher education setting that involves providing direct service to college students required
• An understanding of the educational, cultural and social needs of a diverse student population (domestic and international student community) required
• Demonstrated ability to work individually and as a member of a professional team, establishing strong working relationships across campus constituencies
• Experience working students in postsecondary education settings
• Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage confidential materials and maintain confidentiality when working on specific task or projects
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
• Master’s degree in higher education
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy, requiring employees to be fully vaccinated, boosted. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption.
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in Boston, a city that is home to many of the world’s top universities and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration, inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical, vision, and dental insurance, generous time off, retirement and pension plans, and flexible work arrangements to support work/life balance for our employees while advancing the MCPHS strategic plan.
MCPHS is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates a diverse community. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law
- Start Date: 3/27/2023 - Approximate
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 5 - 7 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
To be further considered, please apply at: