Boston CollegeChestnut Hill, MA United States
Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.
The Academic Support Assistant, at Boston College Law School, is one of two full-time employees that provide administrative support to our Law Faculty. The position performs a wide range of skilled administrative duties for the tenure track and adjunct faculty. These responsibilities directly support their teaching and research. Responsibilities include preparing materials for publications and course work, making copies, collecting take-home exams and papers, composing and editing letters, proof-reading papers and course materials and ordering supplies.
Other tasks include:
- Assisting the Assistant Director for Audiovisual Services with various tasks, including classroom-technology support and changes to scheduled lecture recordings
- Assisting faculty with their Canvas course pages
- Assisting the Law School Educational Technology Specialist with faculty requests for basic Canvas LMS support
- Creating graphic designs, video editing
- Creating seating charts
- Creating/maintaining spreadsheets for various activities.
- Proof-reading papers and articles
- Filling out expense reports
The Academic Support Assistant will report to the Associate Director of Academic Services and will at times be asked to support other departments within the Law School. This includes Academic and Student Services, Law Review and Events Management.
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $36,500 to $45,600; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficient in Adobe and other graphic design software
- Proficient Google Suite
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to proof-read and edit papers
- High degree of professionalism and customer-service orientation.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information
- Job requires the person to work from the office 5 days a week
The position will be eligible for tuition remission in accordance with the University's policy and they will be provided with several opportunities to receive training in the various technology used in the role.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information