Illinois Wesleyan UniversityBloomington, IL United States
This position provides administrative support to the AVP for Advancement, Director for Advancement and Gift Planning, the seven-person Major Gift team and the Advancement Office. This is a full time, on-campus position. Generous benefits include health, retirement, considerable time off and tuition assistance.
- Office coordination related to documents and donor communication outreach; draft and process gift documents such as letters of understanding, pledge agreements and general correspondence; update and maintain electronic donor files; assist with delivery of direct mail and electronic communication plan for major gift prospects
- Assist with coordination of planned giving programs; maintain planned giving records in the office CRM system; prepare packets for gift officers to deliver to donors; planned giving mailing and correspondence; organization and communication of bequests, trusts, and annuities among donors and gift officers
- Responsible for acting as first point of contact for Advancement Office; greet visitors including alumni, donors, students, faculty and staff; answer phones for Advancement Office; attention to detail when handling important, highly confidential documents; assist with event planning, attend major gift meetings and general office duties on behalf of the entire Advancement Office
- Associate’s degree or vocational/technical degree required; combination of education and experience may substitute
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/job-openings/. Review of applicant materials will begin immediately; position is open until filled. Submit to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation. Per the Governor's August 26, 2021 Executive Order regarding COVID-19 vaccination, personnel in the higher education setting will need to either provide proof of vaccination, or apply for a medical/disability or religious exemption. All those not fully vaccinated will be required to participate in weekly COVID testing.
Illinois Wesleyan University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must reside and be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Continued employment is conditioned upon maintaining work authorization throughout the employment term.
Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University is an EEO Employer. Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at https://www.iwu.edu/title-ix/sexual-misconduct-policy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Associates Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
If you have your resume registered on StudentAffairs.com you can apply for this position online.