University of Central FloridaOrlando, FL United States
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
Job no: 502339
Work type: USPS (Staff)
Location: Main Campus (Orlando)
Categories: Administrative/Clerical Support, Student Development/Enrollment Services
Administrative Assistant I
The Administrative Assistant I is a member of the Housing and Residence Life warehouse staff who oversees the office functions and administration tasks of the warehouse facility. This position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the warehouse office including: opening and closing of the facility, greeting and assisting visitors, performing administrative tasks, and receiving deliveries.
The person in this position will be expected to:
- Exercise strong independent judgment.
- Interpret data and report articulately.
- Work close and professional with administrators, staff, students, and colleagues.
Management of the UCF Housing and Residence Life Warehouse Facility office functions:
- Responsible for the daily opening and closing of the Housing & Residence Life warehouse facility and office.
- Receives and signs for warehouse deliveries.
- Greets and assists customers, vendors, and guests. Controls entry into warehouse facility.
- Checks mailbox and mail distribution for the warehouse office staff daily.
- Distributes, collects, and checks for accuracy of staff timesheets.
- Provides back-up coverage for warehouse facility phones. Answer, screen and direct all calls.
- Manages the Housing Warehouse email account; respond, screen, and direct all emails.
- Prepares and processes all forms and documents for staff.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments. Oversee staff calendar scheduling.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Prepare operational, analytical, and periodic reports.
- Keeps common areas of building including lobby and kitchen clean, well organized, and stocked with supplies.
- Create work orders and schedule services for housekeeping and maintenance.
- Maintain and order supplies, inventory, and equipment.
- Draft, revise, and implement warehouse operations policies, procedures, and training manuals.
- Keep staff informed and current of all University and Department polices and procedures.
- Serves on assigned department committees.
- Tracks, records, and schedules training, certification, and licensing to ensure staff is current and up to date.
- Stays current of warehouse safety measures and OSHA compliance requirements.
- Assists with staff onboarding and exit tasks.
- Provides administrative support to the Manager Inventory, Inventory and Property Manager, and staff.
- Make deliveries between warehouse and and on-campus locations as assigned.
- Processes, tracks, and stores documents: digital and printed.
- Log, track, process, and order department apparel. Responsible for updating the biennial HR Perquisite.
- Log, track, process, and reconcile department records retention and surplus.
- Log and track department assets and property.
- Assist during Department and University move in/out as assigned.
- Assist on special projects and tasks as assigned.
- Designated UCF Emergency Management Critical/Essential Personnel for the Department. Serve on emergency teams to prepare, response to, and aid recovery from emergency and disaster conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by Direct Supervisor and/or Director(s) of the department.
Housing Residence and Life
Monday - Friday; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Type of Appointment:
$32,703 to Negotiable
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 0+ years of relevant experience.
Proficient in Microsoft 365: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Application Materials Requirements:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation is that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Additional Requirements related to Research Positions:
Pursuant to Florida State Statute 1010.35, prior to offering employment to certain individuals in research related positions, UCF is required to conduct additional screening. Applicants subject to additional screening include any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of education, employment, or training in China, Cuba, Iran, Russia, North Korea, Syria, or Venezuela.
The additional screening requirements only apply to research-related positions, including, but not limited to faculty, graduate positions, individuals compensated by research grants or contract funds, post-doctoral positions, undergraduate positions, visiting assistant professors, and visiting research associates.
These requirements do not apply to U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents if the employment or training was/is through an agency of the U.S. Government. For more information on what information must be provided and the screening process, please see: https://corona.research.ucf.edu/screening-process-for-research-positions/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request. The UCF's affirmative action plans for qualified individuals with disabilities and protected Veterans are available for inspection in the Office for Institutional Equity, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Advertised: May 20, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: June 02, 2022 11:55PM Eastern Daylight Time
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please Note: Applicants must apply through https://jobs.ucf.edu/. No paper applications, resumes, cover letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this A&P position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents can be attached through https://jobs.ucf.edu/website. The job number for this position is #502339.