University of Central FloridaOrlando, FL United States
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
Job no: 502333
Work type: USPS (Staff)
Location: Main Campus (Orlando)
Categories: Administrative/Clerical Support, Student Development/Enrollment Services
Administrative Assistant I
SDES Housing and Residence Life seeks and Administrative Assistant I. This position maintains Director of Residence life and Education's outlook calendar and sends emails on their behalf when needed. Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinates meeting spaces and arrangements
- Conducts research, benchmarking, and data analysis at the Director's request
- Address administrative and procedural processes as needed
- Monitors and tracks expenses, within the the state budget
- Assists with routine human resource activities (i.e. on-boarding, off-boarding, maintenance of confidential files)
- Coordinates special projects and events at the Director's request
- Assists with emergency communication and correspondence during critical events
- Provide training to staff as needed
- Ensures administrative and procedural processes are upheld
- Maintains an orderly and well inventory office space and supply closet
- Handles inbound calls, take messages, and returns calls as needed or directed
- Responds to inquiries regarding schedules/agendas, room, and /or meeting coordination
- Directs requests and inquiries to appropriate individuals as needed
- Assists with planning of in-person and virtual meetings, taking meeting notes, and special events
- Reviewing and editing correspondence prepared by the Director of Residence Life and Education
- Maintains records of all student/parent correspondence
- Greet and refer student/parents to proper staff, meeting locations, and offices
- All other duties assigned
Housing and Residence Life
Monday-Friday; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Type of Appointment:
$32,703 to Negotiable
High School Diploma or equivalent and 0+ years of relevant experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent editing, writing, and verbal communication skills
- At least 1 year of previous administrative assistance experience
Additional Application Materials Requirements:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and their eligible spouses in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference are responsible for providing required documentation by the closing date of the position. For more information on Veterans’ Preference, please visit http://hr.ucf.edu/files/VeteransPreference.pdf
Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation is that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Additional Requirements related to Research Positions:
Pursuant to Florida State Statute 1010.35, prior to offering employment to certain individuals in research related positions, UCF is required to conduct additional screening. Applicants subject to additional screening include any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of education, employment, or training in China, Cuba, Iran, Russia, North Korea, Syria, or Venezuela.
The additional screening requirements only apply to research-related positions, including, but not limited to faculty, graduate positions, individuals compensated by research grants or contract funds, post-doctoral positions, undergraduate positions, visiting assistant professors, and visiting research associates.
These requirements do not apply to U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents if the employment or training was/is through an agency of the U.S. Government. For more information on what information must be provided and the screening process, please see: https://corona.research.ucf.edu/screening-process-for-research-positions/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request. The UCF's affirmative action plans for qualified individuals with disabilities and protected Veterans are available for inspection in the Office for Institutional Equity, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please Note: Applicants must apply through https://jobs.ucf.edu/. No paper applications, resumes, cover letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this A&P position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents can be attached through https://jobs.ucf.edu/website. The job number for this position is #502333.