Boston CollegeChestnut Hill, MA United States
Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.
Compensation for this position is $440 per week for a maximum duration of 40 total weeks. Start date TBD.
Intern will primarily work with the Deputy Athletic Director/Senior Woman Administrator to assist in special projects, sports oversight, Student-Athlete Development programming, game operations, community service outreach, special events planning, serve as the advisor to the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, and general administrative responsibilities.
This position also assists the reception area of the administration office in the answering of the main athletic and senior administration telephones, walk up traffic, and general administrative support as needed. This position will also work with members of the senior staff team on various projects as assigned throughout the year.
* Deputy AD Support for Internal Operations (special projects, program administrative functions, event planning, strategic initiatives in areas under the Deputy AD)
* Senior Woman Administrator Support
* Support for Student Athlete Formation (special projects, event planning, strategic initiatives in areas under the Deputy AD)
* Administrative support of reception area
* Assist the Administrative Assistant for the AD and Deputy AD as needed
* Administrative Support for other senior staff as needed
* Work all home football games for the Deputy AD
Department: 011001 - Athletics General
Position: 00014312 - Intern - Athletic Administration and Operations
Competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience.
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
* At least 2 years of experience/undergraduate involvement in intercollegiate athletics is required, preferably at a NCAA Division I institution.
* A strong desire to pursue a career in the field of sports management and/or athletic administration is required.
* Time and Resource Management
* Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to work with time sensitive projects
* Considerable organizational and supervisory skills required
* Familiarity with Microsoft Publisher, FileMaker Pro, and Adobe Illustrator software preferred.
* Requires ability to manage multiple tasks with very strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to thrive in a diverse fast paced student-athlete service driven environment in a collegiate setting
* Ability to take direction
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Ability to foster and maintain working relationships with other departments in the university and the community
* This position will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules.
* Evening and weekend work will be required. These demands are primarily centered on athletic competitions, Student-Athlete Development programming, and Student-Athlete Advisory Committee meetings.
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule is required.
* The primary working conditions include both an indoor office setting and outdoor event locations. Some medium lifting will be required for event preparation and set up. In most cases, events will occur regardless of weather so exposure to elements is likely.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information