Boston CollegeChestnut Hill, MA United States
Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.
The Career Services Assistant works within the Law School Career Services Office and provides administrative, programmatic, operational and communications support and assistance to meet the needs of the office’s internal and external constituencies. Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the first point of contact in the office. Provide outstanding customer service, and communicate directly with students, alumni, employers, and law school faculty and staff (in person and over email).
- Provide administrative support by scheduling appointments and meetings, engaging with third-party and internal vendors, and coordinating logistics and communications for a wide range of events/programs/functions.
- Monitor office’s general email inbox, post jobs to an internal database system, manage use of the office’s physical space, help update and maintain the office’s internal and student-facing Google Drives, and assist with collecting and entering data.
- Manage the collection, completion and dissemination of student materials for postgraduate judicial clerkship opportunities.
- Organizing and implementing career service events
- Assist in the coordination and running of various events within the CSO Office and the Law School
- Monitor student employees within the Office of Career Services, including approving their hours
- Assist with the preparation of of marketing materials for various events and services
- Assist in various other projects
Department: 056041 - Law School Placement
Position: 00008396 - Career Services Assistant
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $38,700 to $48,400; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Relevant administrative and customer service experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience in a college or university setting is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Google suite of applications (i.e. Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.), and experience working with database systems. Capable of learning and adapting to new technological platforms.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, be a self-starter and think creatively.
- Proactively identify and seek solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of patience, tact, and professionalism.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information