University of Central FloridaOrlando, FL United States
Job no: 502294
Work type: USPS (Staff)
Location: Main Campus (Orlando)
Categories: Admissions/Financial Aid/Enrollment, Student Development/Enrollment Services
UCF Undergraduate Admissions is looking to fill TWO openings for Admissions Assistant. This position has the total responsibility of providing excellent customer service in the Undergraduate Admissions office. The staff in these positions are cross-trained so that they learn various responsibilities within the Admissions Assistant position in this department.
This position/classification may be removed at management's discretion within the SDES division to a commensurate level position as determined by the Vice President of Student Development and Enrollment Services or their designee.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Processes and codes applications from prospective undergraduate students. This includes matching application and fees received separately, initial classification of residency for tuition purposes, corresponding with applicants regarding incomplete information, building and updating student files. Coding residency requires thorough knowledge of the state regulations for the classification of Florida residency for tuition purposes, including BCIS rules pertaining to documentation of international status in the United States.
- Answers high volume of telephone and personal inquiries dealing with applicants, students, parents, counselors, and members of the UCF community regarding residency classification. Works closely with supervisor to prepare files for the university Residency Appeals committee.
- Processes refund requests for students classified as Florida residents within their first term of attendance at UCF.
- Maintain assigned Social Security Number database for record keeping purposes.
- Directly trains and oversees OPS/CWS staff assigned to Coding/Residency area.
- Works with team to maintain daily counts and goals in coordination with direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include duties from other Admission Assistant positions within the department.
Monday - Friday; 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasional nights and weekends may be required.
Type of Appointment:
$29,069 to Negotiable
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of state statute and rule regarding classification of residency for tuition purposes, including BCIS rules pertaining to documentation of international status in the US.
- Thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft system as it relates to Undergraduate and Records functions.
- General knowledge of admission process
- Ability to adapt to change as university and departmental procedures and policies change.
- Ability to accurately communicate information to internal and external customers over the telephone and e-mail in a professional manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work appropriately and independently on a daily basis
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note: when you apply, you will be considered for both open positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and their eligible spouses in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference are responsible for providing required documentation by the closing date of the position. For more information on Veterans’ Preference, please visit http://hr.ucf.edu/files/VeteransPreference.pdf
Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF’s expectation is that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Additional Requirements related to Research Positions:
Pursuant to Florida State Statute 1010.35, prior to offering employment to certain individuals in research related positions, UCF is required to conduct additional screening. Applicants subject to additional screening include any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of education, employment, or training in China, Cuba, Iran, Russia, North Korea, Syria, or Venezuela.
The additional screening requirements only apply to research-related positions, including, but not limited to faculty, graduate positions, individuals compensated by research grants or contract funds, post-doctoral positions, undergraduate positions, visiting assistant professors, and visiting research associates.
These requirements do not apply to U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents if the employment or training was/is through an agency of the U.S. Government. For more information on what information must be provided and the screening process, please see: https://corona.research.ucf.edu/screening-process-for-research-positions/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request. The UCF's affirmative action plans for qualified individuals with disabilities and protected Veterans are available for inspection in the Office for Institutional Equity, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications closed: Eastern Daylight Time
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please Note: Applicants must apply through https://jobs.ucf.edu/. No paper applications, resumes, cover letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this A&P position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents can be attached through https://jobs.ucf.edu/website. The job number for this position is #502294.