Babson CollegeWellesley, MA United States
The Assistant Director is responsible for working closely with numerous constituencies to enhance Babson's relationship with its 42,000+ alumni through an integrated affinity strategy that relies heavily on volunteer recruitment and management as well as cross-campus collaborations. Specifically responsible for managing select affinity groups in support of engagement and giving goals; and fostering the success of affinity groups by cultivating meaningful relationships between the College, current students, alumni who are connected to the College through their past affinities to student organizations, and alumni volunteers through personal contact, communication and the creation of engaging programs, events, and initiatives.
- Contribute to, and execute, departmental strategy for sustaining, growing, and building affinity groups in collaboration with Classes, Affinity Programs & Annual Giving team. Develop metrics to track and measure the effectiveness of affinity engagement and giving efforts.
- Manage multiple affinities of strategic importance to the College, including but not limited to Legacy alumni, double and triple degree alumni, scholars/scholarship programs, LGBTQ+, LatinX, and Glavin Office/ Service & Justice affinities. Responsible for creating events and passive programming, volunteer management, communications associated with these affinities, and guiding and supporting crowdfunding or other fundraising efforts specific to each group.
- Serve as the department liaison to the Sorenson Center, supporting their programs and fundraising initiatives and stewarding alumni with an affinity to the Center. Create engagement opportunities and support fundraising efforts of Babson Arts affinities.
- Work closely with campus departments, alumni, and students to develop and strengthen affinity groups and to connect and ensure collaboration between affinity groups and on-campus resources.
- Coordinate select affinity milestone celebrations in collaboration with volunteers and campus partners.
- Collaborate with Advancement colleagues on affinity-based fundraising initiatives.
- Maintain a portfolio of volunteers for cultivation and solicitation in support of Advancement's annual participation goals. Direct affinity volunteers to engage fellow alumni as both donors and ambassadors in support of the Babson's annual signature fundraising campaigns –Make Your Mark, Barefoot Challenge, Days of Giving, and 3-2-1 Countdown.
- Create an active social media presence and a robust plan in partnership with the Assistant Director, Advancement Communications to promote affinity events and giving as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Director, Alumni Strategic Projects & Operations to manage the affinity milestone portion of Back to Babson.
- Collaborate with Classes, Affinity Programs & Annual Giving team and Stewardship to develop a robust plan to ensure class and affinity-based volunteers are cultivated and stewarded.
- Provide for volunteer training needs on and off-campus.
- Coordinate and contribute to post-event communications and reporting.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in volunteer management, event coordination, fundraising and/or alumni relations.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently; as well as collaboratively across multiple constituencies
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and other database or CRM systems
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and with interruptions
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must be able to handle sensitive material confidentially.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Preference to candidates who are fluent in multiple languages.
- Preference is given to those who have worked with student organizations.
- Master's Degree preferred.
For more information and to apply visit, Apply https://www.click2apply.net/ADwo4XfJeepgCPXHokZq
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 4 - 6 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time