University of Notre DameNotre Dame, IN United States
Director of Sports Performance
University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (https://jobs.nd.edu) is accepting applications for a Director of Sports Performance.
Applications will be accepted until 1/31/2022.
Notre Dame Athletics is committed to building a diverse workforce passionate about maximizing the student-athlete experience. Our pillars of Education; Excellence; Faith; Tradition and Community guide us in the inclusive work we do each and every day and we are eager to attract individuals who can positively contribute to that work. We firmly believe we can all create change together locally and be a catalyst for change nationally through our https://und.com/standtogether/ commitment to Listen, Amplify, Focus, Diversify, Engage and Vote.
As a member of the Notre Dame Sports Performance Leadership Team and reporting to the Deputy Athletics Director for Competitive Excellence, you will have the distinct opportunity to impact the lives of our 720 student-athletes on a daily basis and be part of a progressive and excellence-driven team. This new and exciting position will be a strategic leader in elevating all aspects within Sports Performance. We are embarking on a game changer initiative for the betterment of the experience for our student-athletes who participate across 26 sports and want a transformational leader who is passionate and committed to this vision. We have 2 esteemed advisory groups who have been instrumental in defining this position with us: scientific advisors from the industry and young alumni advisors from professional and Olympic arenas.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
• Contributing to the design of a comprehensive department-wide strategy that aligns with the established mission for the ND Sports Performance Department: Together we holistically prepare every Notre Dame student-athlete to perform like a Champion
• Collaborate with our recently hired Associate Athletics Director for Data, Analytics and Strategy to incorporate data to elicit decisions and actions that will lead to the betterment of student-athlete performance and her/his collective experience at the University of Notre Dame:
• Interdisciplinary strategies aligned to student-athlete health, wellbeing, recovery and performance
• Athlete evaluation, testing and periodization
• Identification, evaluation and implementation of tools and technologies to support improved performance and student-athlete well-being
• Collaborate and communicate with our coaches, faculty and staff, industry partners and technology providers that will serve to facilitate best-in-class processes and procedures. This will lead to enhancing and identifying priorities and alignment of interdisciplinary services with defined performance goals
• Create, lead and facilitate professional growth and development curriculum across all sports performance professionals.
Why Notre Dame?
• We strive to educate the “whole” student-athlete and believe in a fully integrated model for collegiate athletics (i.e. live in residence halls, eat in dining halls, class miss policy, etc…)
• Incredible benefits (matching retirement, college, etc…)
• Chronicle of Higher Education's top-10 collegiate workplaces in the country for seven straight years
• Master’s degree in Sport Science, Kinesiology, Health Care Administration or related field from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 7 years experience
• Previous experience leading performance department at D-I school and/or Pro/Olympic level has a strong preference
• Working with an integrated high performance team and high level athletes
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
• Adherence to professional standards of care
• Knowledge of NCAA and member conference rules and regulations
• Hold a doctorate degree in related field
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # https://apptrkr.com/2763204. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 7 - 9 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information