Illinois Wesleyan UniversityBloomington, IL United States
Systems Integration Specialist
Information Technology Services
The Systems Integration Specialist will design, implement and maintain the infrastructure and complex technical integrations across multiple systems, including in-house, enterprise application and cloud hosted systems. This position provides day-to-day maintenance and long-term assistance to ensure subsystems and infrastructure function together and that business needs are met. This a full time, benefits eligible, on-campus position.
- Manage third-party software integrations with University’s ERP system, Ellucian Banner; integrate, identify, troubleshoot, monitor and resolve complex, routine and varied supported services, systems, network, and and application problems; participate in evaluation of new vendor software and releases and impact; document and communicate system enhancements or changes; assist with the planning and coordination of system resources, upgrades, security, implementations and integrations; serve as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in the administration of user accounts and enterprise security; create and update user accounts; ensure security groups and classes are assigned based on least privilege; create and maintain Banner security roles, groups and classes; recommend standards, policies and guidelines to ensure database access, security and integrity
- Provide supplemental services for the database administrator; assist with the planning and coordination of system resources, upgrades, security, implementations and integrations; configure, maintain, upgrade, develop, and test IT systems and services in alignment with industry best practices; help design, implement and execute database backup and recovery procedures; perform debugging, problem analysis and problem resolution of data management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or other information technology related field, or a combination of education/training and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting, maintaining and monitoring complex database systems
- Knowledge of database integration tools, SQL and relational databases, such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/job-openings/. Feel free to include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position is open until filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation. Per the Governor's August 26, 2021 Executive Order regarding COVID-19 vaccination, personnel in the higher education setting will need to either provide proof of vaccination, or apply for a medical/disability or religious exemption. All those not fully vaccinated will be required to participate in weekly COVID testing on our campus.
Illinois Wesleyan University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University is an EEO Employer. Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
If you have your resume registered on StudentAffairs.com you can apply for this position online.