Saint Mary's College of CaliforniaMoraga, CA United States
Assistant Director of Athletics for Student Services
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2015-1603071
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Athletic Department
9/17/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Assistant Director of Athletics for Student Services' primary responsibility is for planning, development, and implementation of an academic support program, which promotes an environment wherein student-athletes can excel academically. The position maintains collaborative working relationships with administrators and coaches in the Department, faculty, members, and with individuals in the College's office for Advising, Student Engagement and Academic Success, Academic Senate, Admissions, Registrar, Faculty Senate, and Educational Policies Board.
1) Responsible for developing and implementing an academic support program for all student-athletes, which includes but is not limited to monitoring the academic progress and degree completion of all student-athletes, academic advising, and assisting with class registration. In collaboration with the Faculty Athletic Representative, serve as the faculty/student-athlete liaison. Notification to athletics staff, faculty and administrators of missed class time for student-athletes due to competition travel.
2) Calculation and monitoring of student-athlete academic eligibility, Academic Progress Rate and Graduation Success Rate, and reporting to the West Coast Conference and the NCAA.
3) Coordination of department and campus-wide events including but not limited to the Gael Award Show, President's Scholar Athlete Luncheon, Welcome Back BBQ, and Senior Etiquette Dinner.
4) Coordinate tutorial services and study hall programs.
5). Coordination of student development programs. Serve as the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) advisor and assist in the coordination of SAAC events and community service.
6) Direct and administer national, conference, and institutional awards programs. Coordinate the submission of candidates for conference scholar athlete awards, post graduate scholarship, and end of the year SMC athletic awards program.
7) Other duties as Assigned: Direct full-grant in aid textbook distribution and receipt process in accordance with NCAA regulations.
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: Master's Degree
Experience: 3-5 years
Skills/Abilities: Written & verbal skills, computer skills, team-oriented, confidentiality
Other Requirements: Flexible hours, evening/weekend work, some travel.
Supplemental InformationApplication Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu/
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
• A resume
• The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
• In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2494806
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2494806