Saint Mary's College of CaliforniaMoraga, CA United States
Digital Content Producer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2015-1603058
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: College Communications
10/8/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Office of College Communications (OCC) is looking for a creative and digitally-savvy content producer with photography and videography skills to join our team.
As the College's lead Digital Media Content Producer, you will have the opportunity to help bring the Saint Mary's brand to life through engaging, high-quality videos, photos, graphics, and animation that will enhance the visual identity of Sant Mary's, and assist OCC in crafting compelling content about the institution. Your primary responsibilities will be spent in the field (both on and off campus) and in the office shooting and -- then editing -- video and photo footage of the College's events, activities, employee/staff/student features, and more.
The role requires planning, production, design, editing, and storytelling skills. The content you create will be used in various marketing, communications, and branding channels, including Saint Mary's website, print and digital ads, emails, social media, etc.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Execute a large variety of photography and videography assignments, including on-location shoots, portraits/stills (of students, faculty, staff, alumni, etc.), sports and athletics, student life, events, and other campus/college activities.
• Use creative video editing techniques to produce engaging content for various channels, including but not limited to social media (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and Twitter), Saint Mary's website, YouTube, digital ads, etc.
• Possess solid storytelling skills to conceptualize, research, pitch, storyboard, produce and edit footage into compelling digital content, including but not limited to long-form (:30-2:00), short-form (:06-:10) video, Facebook/Instagram/TikTok/Snapchat videos, GIFs, etc.
• Process, adjust and retouch digital files for optimal results for the appropriate distribution channel or platform. Upload photos to the College's photographic archive (WebDam), meta-tagging images for future use. Organize and manage Saint Mary's DAM.
• Issue photo/video consent forms prior to each shoot. File and organize signed consent forms.
• Actively participate in developing visual concepts and photo design briefs and shot lists for projects where imagery plays a central role; develop visual prototypes on a variety of projects.
• Take photo and video projects from start to finish -- and own the process from shot lists, to conceptualization, styling, lighting, shooting, to retouching and post-production.
• Collaborate with partners on stylistic approaches for Saint Mary's brand.
• Train and manage student workers in technique, and maintain the Saint Mary's photo style guide with technical specifications.
• Perform routine video and audio equipment maintenance.
• Must be available for evening and weekend work and for occasional off-site shoots.
Experience and Qualifications
Qualification and Requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in creating and producing engaging commercial photography/videography with a studio or agency (on staff or as freelance)
• Is adept at a range of photography and videography styles, including but not limited to: portraits, event coverage, editorial, and sports. Has a thorough understanding of lighting in all of these situations.
• Experience using video equipment, various digital cameras, DSLRs, 4K cameras, wireless microphones, gimbals, lighting, tripods, and sound equipment.
• Familiar with all technical requirements for creating visual content using video, photography, and graphic design optimized for different platforms and channels, including social media, digital ads, www.stmarys-ca.edu website.
• Ability to coordinate all elements for a photoshoot, including propping, lighting, recruiting models, and set-up and break-down.
• Adept with editing and image processing software including Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, and After Effects; and has the ability and willingness to learn new software where necessary
• Demonstrated experience shooting both in the field and in the studio; ability to troubleshoot in challenging photographic conditions.
• Demonstrated ability to create unique imagery with an artistic sensibility; effectively communicating complex ideas is essential.
• Ability to think up creative ideas to promote the Saint Mary's brand in innovative ways.
• Talent for collaboration and effective teamwork, and demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels of an organization.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Availability for some travel, weekend, and evening work is required.
• Has a portfolio of past work examples that demonstrate strategic and conceptual thinking applied across various channels.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu/
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
• A resume
• The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
• In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2491803
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Varied (See Description)
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2491803