Saint Mary's College of CaliforniaMoraga, CA United States
Placement Coordinator, Field Experience and Admissions
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2015-1603020
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: School of Education
10/8/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Reporting to the Teacher Education Department Chair, the Placement Coordinator, Field Experience and Admissions is responsible for arranging supervised teaching placements at various school sites for all the Single Subject and Educational Specialist credential candidates, coordinate the supervision of the candidates at the school site by assigning them a college supervisor and is responsible for working with the program director(s) to monitor student progress in the placements. In addition, the coordinator will assist in assigning grades for the SSTE 375 and SSTE 385 courses as well as SPED 294 and 298 courses. The coordinator also arranges and manages informal placements and internships.
The Placement Coordinator, Field Experience and Recruiting for SPED and SSTE is responsible for collaborating with the KSOE Enrollment Management and Student Success team by representing the Single Subject Teacher Education program (SSTE) and Educational Specialist program (SPED) and participating in recruitment to the programs, in concert with the SSTE and SPED Program Directors, Department Chair, staff of Teacher Education, undergraduate admissions, and others appropriate.
1. Field Experience Placement-Arrange supervised teaching placements with district school sites, principles and cooperating teachers. Manage and coordinate the supervision and evaluation of all SSTE and SPED credential candidates, including undergrads. Prepare and distribute superintendent, principal, teacher, and supervisor support materials and contracts so that all information is communicated effectively to ensure understanding. Collect, maintain and analyze all evaluations, including candidate, teacher and supervisors. Demonstrate a commitment to serving the students by meeting with each credential candidate a minimum of twice a semester to advise, coordinate and support candidates in their placements. Work with the Program Director schools and districts to set up internships and informal classroom placements and monitor student progress.
2. College Supervisor/Recruitment, Training, Supervision-Recruit, hire, evaluate, assign, and provide training to college supervisors. Provide evaluative feedback and counseling regarding performance. Coach and provide training and opportunity for growth. Create a supportive environment that recognized diverse cultures, viewpoints, teaching and coaching styles. Prepare and distribute all materials required for the supervision of the candidates. Prepare contracts and approve expense reports to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Monitor student progress - Work with the Program Director to monitor student progress in the placement and assist with assigning grades for SSTE 375 and 385 as well as SPED 294 and 298 courses. Verify and certify for the credential analyst that the candidate has met the student teaching guidelines and credential requirements for the CCTC.
Additional considerations for undergrads:*Monitor progress of students through the undergraduate pathways in coordination with the undergraduate liaison.
4. Data Analysis and Management - Maintain school, district, teacher, student and supervisor lists. Analyze assessments demonstrating the knowledge and technical expertise to make decisions and recommendations based on data during program meetings as scheduled in consultation with the program director. Produce, update and publish annually the Fieldwork Handbook.
5. Admissions and recruitment - assist KSOE ESS staff to interview prospective students, to assist with maintaining accurate records of applications. Communicate with prospective students to provide information about the program and placements. Provide website administrator changes required to the program website.
Work with KSOE Admissions staff, Program Director, chair of Teacher Education, and others to represent TED programs during recruitment of new students to the program. In collaboration with undergrad program liaison, attend undergrad outreach and co-facilitate orientation.
6. Other Duties As Assigned:
Collaboration and undergrad support - Collaborate with site administrators in partnership schools, program director, faculty and supervisors to resolve student issues and to assure the legislative changes and curriculum changes are implemented. Establish communication that supports organizational and structural change (such as through participation at partner school events or sharing program info at school events).
Additional Responsibilities for undergrads:*Pre-placements meetings and support (meeting prior to placements to goal set and discuss placement)*Conducting undergraduate student interview
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: Master's Degree
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in public or private schools.
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical) Strong organizational skills, knowledge of requirements of teacher credentialing and pre-service preparation, knowledge of data management systems.
Licenses & Certifications:
REQUIRED: Teaching credential
Some weekend and evening work required.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu/
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
• A resume
• The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
• In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2489169
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 4 - 6 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2489169