Saint Mary's College of CaliforniaMoraga, CA United States
Senior Administrative Assistant, Counseling
Salary: $28.71 Hourly
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2015-1603019
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: School of Education
10/8/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
This position provides essential administrative, faculty, and student support to the academic programs in the Counseling Department. This position reports to the Department Chair and is a full-time 37.5 hours per week position.
Responsible for oversight of delivery of excellent academic and support services to students, programs, and full and part-time faculty:
Responsible for assuring high quality educational experiences for multiple cohorts in Counseling programs, Collaborates with the Director of Student Services team to provide timely responses to student inquiries and requests. Refers students to the Student Services office and communicating with the student services team regarding confidential and time sensitive issues raised by faculty, staff, and/or students relating to registration, billing, grades, leave of absence, add/drop, and withdrawals. This is a large part of the role, involves a high level of communication skills, customer service, interpersonal skills, and adherence to KSOE and College policies, as well as regulations and mandates such as FERPA.
2. Administrative support
• Assists with answering phones and email. Assists with overall departmental student staffing and collaborative work flow.
• Oversee the organization and execution of smooth running program starts, orientations, program completion, and annual graduations. Assign students to their advisors and update advisor list twice a year. Request first day of class attendance lists from faculty. Monitor students' registration according to their cohort plans each semester. Assist students with submitting Special Action Petitions, leaves, independent studies.
• Assist the Student Services Office by verifying course enrollment rosters, student advising files, department files, cohort calendars, etc. Updates required student tracking document for grades, mandatory state / licensure testing submissions and results. Sends COE instructions. Helps to create and send out site supervisor and credential candidate evaluations. Coordinates with the Student Services Office and Associate Deans Office with course and class meeting date info on Building the Term for academic year and by term/trimester. Assist External Relations team with updates to Website.
• Clerical support, meeting minutes, and calendar maintenance as needed; Order supplies as needed. Act as liaison for the KSOE Counseling Department with AIS (Administrative Information Services).
3. Budget SupportCreates and keeps accurate records for the department; Manages department operational budget. Review department budgets throughout the year and conduct year-end financials. Collaborate with KSOE budget and finance team related to expense requests and reimbursements, etc. Oversee faculty processes regarding workload, payments, contracts, and stipends.
4. Admissions supportCollaborates with the Director of Admissions and Outreach to answer prospective students' questions regarding all elements of the Counseling programs, coordinate faculty/group interview scheduling, communicate interview and admissions decisions to the Admissions Office team, assist in solving outstanding issues.
5. EventsAssists in preparation and all operational details (e.g. food, rooms, materials) related to events like Faculty Search (January), New Student Orientations, accreditation visit, Applicant Interviews, Learn Events, and Graduation (May). Participate in all KSOE staff and all hands meetings including fall and spring retreats.
6. Collaborates with Department Chair, program directors, faculty, and staff, re: assessment, program reviews, and reports; assists with writing reports for the College, the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, the Board of Behavior Sciences, and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Implements policies or decisions made by Dean/Associate Dean related to scheduling, such as adding or cancelling course sections.
7. Other Duties as Assigned Special projects, as needed, including KSOE or campus committees, working at Commencement in May.
Experience and Qualifications
Qualifications: A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Education: REQUIRED: BA and/or equivalent knowledge, training & experience
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience): 2 years
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical): Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, email and internet, Strong computer skills, excellent verbal and customer service skills, strong writing skills to prepare clear and concise correspondence and documentation for processes, manuals. A team player.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu/
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
• A resume
• The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
• In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2489176
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2489176