Saint Mary's College of CaliforniaMoraga, CA United States
Temporary Administrative Assistant, Health & Wellness Center
Salary: $23.59 Hourly
Job Type: Temporary
Job Number: 2015-1603063
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Student Life
9/23/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Immediate part-time and temporary opening
The Administrative Assistant will work with the Health & Wellness Center COVID Team. This role will be primarily responsible for COVID related needs, with the addition of supporting general urgent care services as needed. Manages and coordinates daily office operations for the Health and Wellness Center on campus, with strong proficiency in multitasking and organization. Provides highly professional in-person and phone contact to patients, parents and partners both within and outside the college. Maintains medical records, liaison for student health insurance needs, facilitates scheduling appointments. Manages the intake of patients with attention to both customer service and operational efficiency.
Front Office Management:
• Manages all daily operations of the office, including opening and closing, maintain appearance and security of premises; handles both routine and urgent requests for service via phone and in person.
• Manages flow of students in office (check-in process, request for appointments) and effectively handles high volumes of traffic in waiting room while communicating sensitive information to clients and protecting clients' privacy.
• Serves as initial point of contact for H&WC; creates a welcoming environment where students, parents, faculty/staff and other visitors feel comfortable.
• Responds quickly and professionally to urgent medical needs and potentially emergency situations both in-person and on the phone.
• Provides students, parents, faculty/staff, and other visitors information regarding H&WC services.
• Keeps inventory, orders supplies and performs all purchasing related to H&WC operations.
• Maintains archived records; processes requests for records.
• Maintains and updates the H&WC website and business communication to reflect current information, deadlines and relevant updates.
• Assists with integrating paper medical charts and documents into patient electronic medical records in Medicat.
2. Staff Support:
• Assists the Medical Director with as needed logistical and organization support for meetings, presentations, conferences and special projects.
• Assists in planning meetings, H&WC staff training and coordinating all events.
3. Coordination of incoming student records/requirements;
• Manages incoming student requirements through the Medicat database.
• Communicates clearly and timely to any students missing requirements.
• Tracks student adherence to requirements and places student class registration holds when requirements are not met by the deadline.
• Maintains an up to date list of student immunization waivers to ensure accurate data in case of a campus event of a communicable disease, to ensure the safety of the community.
4. Health Insurance:
• Works closely with the Saint Mary's College Student Health Insurance Plan (SMC-SHIP) to address student and parent questions and needs.
• Liaison between insurance company, business office and students as needed.
• Advises students and parents on health insurance requirements, online insurance waiver and coverage and costs.
• Maintains the H&WC website to reflect current SMC-SHIP information including the online waiver deadline.
• Works with students to submit claims to the College accident insurance policy.
5. Budgetary Responsibility:
• Processes all H&WC invoices with Accounts Payable and ensures timely payment.
• Provides administrative support to the Medical Director as needed (i.e. communicates with business office regarding budget reallocation that has been determined by the Medical Director).
• Maintains a P card, along with all P card responsibilities, to purchase H&WC office needs.
6. Other Duties as Assigned and occasionally works outside of normal business hours in support of the H&WC emergencies.
Experience and Qualifications
REQUIRED: Minimum four (4) years of college education or equivalent
PREFERRED: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Minimum four (4) years administrative / office support experience; experience in similar setting or higher education desirable.
Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills; ability to handle complex phone and in person inquiries; interact in calm manner in times of high service demand for diverse student needs; ability to work in an organized manner with emphasis on detail and accuracy. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision yet remain part of a team. Able to maintain hgh levels of confidentiality and protect the privacy of students.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2489183
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Part-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2489183