Bridgewater State UniversityBridgewater, MA United States
Staff Assistant, Admissions Counselor
From Bridgewater State University’s inception in 1840 by Horace Mann as one of the first normal schools in America to the current day, BSU has worked to ensure that our students receive an accessible, affordable, and exceptional education. BSU aspires to be the leader in our mission class for closing equity gaps for Black/Cape Verdean, Latinx, Native American, Asian, and other students of color. BSU’s https://www.bridgew.edu/bsuvalues, the work of the https://www.bridgew.edu/racial-justice/task-force, and leadership of the https://www.bridgew.edu/the-university/diversity-consortium underscore the campus’ commitment to racial equity and other forms of social justice.
The mission of the Department of Undergraduate Admissions is to achieve an optimal annual enrollment of new first-year and transfer undergraduate students. Successful candidates will be staff members that can work with their colleagues to help meet the mission of the department of Admissions in serving and supporting our racially and ethnically diverse campus community.
As a member of the Admissions staff, The Admission Counselor will assist in meeting the new student enrollment goals of the university by representing the University at both on and off campus recruitment programs and by making admission decisions on undergraduate applicants, both domestic and international.
This position is an exempt, APA unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement This position must comply with the University Covid-19 Attestation requirement. All employees must be fully vaccinated and complete the Covid-19 Attestation upon hire. Medical or Religious ExemptionsAn employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on the existence of medical contraindication to vaccination. In addition, an employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on a sincere religious belief. In both cases, an employee will be required to submit documentation to support the request for an exemption. Employees who secure an exemption may be required to take additional precautions in the workplace and will be required to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing through the university's Wellness Center.
Position Type: APA Professional
• Develop and execute the strategy and logistics to represent the university at various recruitment events, both on and off campus and disseminate appropriate information in a timely fashion about the university to prospective students, current applicants, their family members and other interested parties. Includes frequent evening and weekend work.
• Demonstrate in daily work activities the incorporation of new information/learnings and processes into the recruiting conversations with potential students. Remains current with BSU’s programs, new industry-wide trends and developments.
• Provide excellent client services and relations (internally and externally). As the first contact for prospective students and their families with the University, it is imperative to offer excellent service and professionalism when dealing with these constituents as they navigate the admission process.
• Maintain admission files, track applications, maintain up-to-date information in the university Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, communicate regularly with students during the application process, advising on outstanding or deficient items and timelines to submit.
• Participate in the review and decision making of student admission applications in a timely manner, maintaining admission files in an appropriate manner, and recording and processing verification for admitted students.
• Maintain the integrity of the student database (admissions to permanent records) in order to ensure complete and accurate records.
• Generate reports for the Dean of Admissions regarding recruiting tasks and programs in a timely fashion as well as other reports when requested.
• Assist the Dean of Admissions to formulate and meet enrollment and territory goals.
• Consistently create a positive enrollment experience for students and their families. Demonstrate enthusiasm and advocacy for BSU in all interactions.
• Implement the Dual Enrollment Program, enrolling up to 100 high school students each Fall and Spring terms.
• Performs other duties as required.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 1 year professional experience and/or customer/student service related experience
• Experience in higher education extra-curricular activities, including but not limited to; recruitment, student involvement, and student services
• Ability to communicate clearly and make a positive impression on prospective students, their families and high school school counselors
• Ability to understand and present essential information about the University and its programs
• Sensitivity and commitment to issues of access and inclusion
• Must be able to represent the university in a professional manner, recruit and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail
• Excellent communication and listening abilities, strong critical thinking skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills
• Detail oriented, ability to organize, prioritize, and complete detailed work under deadlines
• Computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new systems quickly
• Possess and display excellent judgment and be able to maintain confidentiality in dealing with the personal information of others
• Regular evening and weekend work is required as well as extensive travel
• Valid drivers license
• Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs and set up a simple display
• Knowledge of BSU programs and culture.
• Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement This position must comply with the University Covid-19 Attestation requirement. All employees must be fully vaccinated and complete the Covid-19 Attestation upon hire. Medical or Religious ExemptionsAn employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on the existence of medical contraindication to vaccination. In addition, an employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on a sincere religious belief. In both cases, an employee will be required to submit documentation to support the request for an exemption. Employees who secure an exemption may be required to take additional precautions in the workplace and will be required to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing through the university’s Wellness Center.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
Posting Number: S00686P
Open Date: 09/09/2021
Close Date: 10/8/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position: *a minimum of one (1) employment history entry. *a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2488213
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2488213