Central Michigan UniversityMt Pleasant, MI United States
Works in a team environment to schedule appointments and perform all check-in processes accurately and appropriately for all CMU Health Services patients (multiple clinics, multiple providers). Enters medical insurance and demographic information into the electronic medical record. Collects copays and past due balances. Performs daily reconciliation and reporting of payments. Stays current on basic health insurance specifics, guidelines, and rules. Maintains the confidentiality, security, and organization of CMU Health Services medical records. Releases patient information as appropriate following HIPAA and FERPA guidelines. Performs a variety of basic office duties.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of qualifying experience or a combination of education and experience that equates to three years. Experience with Microsoft Word.
- Customer service experience.
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail. Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to project a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with accurate results. Ability to compose, proofread and edit correspondence.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
For more information and to apply visit, https://www.click2apply.net/W71deNcwobZYhPbH7WAb
"CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex-based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie)."
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time