Saint Martin's UniversityLacey, WA United States
Provide security, safety, and community service to University employees, students, and the visiting public.
Ranked by Niche as the second (#2) most diverse private college in Washington State in 2020, Saint Martin’s is extremely proud of our student diversity. Our university treasures persons of all abilities, ages, ethnicities, genders, nationalities, orientations, races, and religions. In particular, we know that students educated in an ethnically diverse setting perform better academically and reap greater professional success than their peers from more homogeneous learning environments. We proudly celebrate that our student population is 51% undergraduate and 32% graduate students of color. We are committed to pursuing an employee community that reflects a similar, if not the same percentage.
Therefore, we intentionally encourage and request that members of historically underrepresented groups apply to join this community. All of us, from all backgrounds, are making a commitment to do and be better for our students, faculty, and staff.
Established in 1895, Saint Martin’s University serves as the educational mission of Saint Martin’s Abbey. The Abbey is a Catholic Benedictine monastery, whose members pray, work, and live together on the University campus. As the mission is Catholic and Benedictine, one of our values is a spirit of hospitality welcoming all, regardless of an individual’s faith, religion, or spirituality.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities - Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this position. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to, the following.
- Patrols university property on foot, bicycle, and by motorized vehicle.
- Monitors access control system and closed-circuit TV system
- Responds to calls for service, including but not limited to fire and trouble alarms, suspicious persons on campus, personal and vehicle accidents, reported crimes against persons and property occurring on campus.
- Answers/provide appropriate response to emergency and business-related telephone calls.
- Provides escort services for campus community. Initiates incident reports and conducts investigations.
- Completes accurate logs and records of all security-related activities. Work includes rotating shifts.
- Provides parking services/enforcement as needed.
- Develops and consults with campus community members.
- Performs some patrol and escort functions with the use of a motor vehicle or on foot
- Actively engage campus community in addressing public safety concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Associates Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Part-Time
Contact / Additional Information
For additional information on this position or to apply, please visit our website at Work at Saint Martin’s .