Arapahoe Community CollegeLittleton, CO United States
The Senior Coordinator of Student Life leads the development of co-curricular programs and workshops on cultural heritage and inclusive excellence to build community amongst members of the student body. This position will serve as an active member and leader within the ACC community and work to enhance student engagement opportunities.
The Senior Coordinator will develop a strategic plan for all cultural programming, create marketing and promotional materials for these programs, and manages a programming budget. Additionally, this position will utilize student learning outcomes in the implementation of programs, develop assessment methods to determine the extent to which those outcomes are achieved, and draft reports to demonstrate the learning that takes place.
The Senior Coordinator implements, promotes, and supports student-led affinity groups and cultural student organizations. This position will also serve as a co-advisor of the Student Government Association to include coordinating officer training, advising officers, managing the SGA budget, and supporting SGA events. Previous experience with advising student organizations, or working at a community college is a plus.
The Senior Coordinator will support Student Life operations by assisting the Director of Student Life in developing strategic plans for student involvement, engagement opportunities, and co-curricular experiences. This position acts on behalf of the Director in their absence. Additionally, this position will also facilitate the hiring of student staff to include promoting positions, coordinating interviews, onboarding, providing for training and development, supervision, and assessment of performance.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Three years experience in a higher education setting in student life and activities, multicultural programming, orientation programs, or residence life.
- Two years of experience engaging diverse student populations.
- Experience with event planning and coordination.
- Knowledge of budget management and effective promotions.
- Knowledge of student development theory, techniques, and research associated with engaging diverse student populations.
- Knowledge of inclusive excellence and cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of student organization advising and training.
- Ability to establish goals and assess outcomes for programs and activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Advertised Salary Range
Salary range for this position is $49,500 - $55,400, commensurate with education and experience. This is a full-time, FLSA-exempt position.
All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, copies of applicable certifications, names and contact information for three professional references, and an application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To view the complete posting and submit your application, visit our Careers website at https://jobs.silkroad.com/Arapahoe/Careers/jobs/623