The College of St. ScholasticaDuluth, MN United States
The College of St. Scholastica is seeking to fill a full-time faculty position in the post-baccalaureate nursing program. This is an eleven-month, tenure-track negotiable faculty position with teaching spread across three semesters. Area of need is medical-surgical nursing. This position has teaching, scholarship, and college and community service expectations. Position may be located on our St. Cloud or Duluth campus.
The School of Nursing values a collaborative approach to teaching learners of all ages and cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Success in this position includes a commitment to diversity as an outcome because it enhances our education and provides tools to be culturally respectful, professionally competent, and civically responsible.
The position is an eleven-month faculty position in the post-baccalaureate nursing program. Faculty responsibilities may include teaching of clinical, lab, and online medical-surgical nursing courses in the post-baccalaureate nursing program along with academic advising. Successful candidates will teach lab intensives (3-4 days of teaching twice a semester) or lab one-day per week on the St. Cloud campus. Professional development and college and community service also is expected.
- Master’s Degree in nursing or a graduate degree in nursing in progress.
- Minnesota RN license (or able to obtain such license).
- Professional nursing experience.
- Candidates need to be able to teach generalist content in a holistic concept-based curriculum.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills and multicultural competency.
- Demonstrated experience interacting effectively with diverse students, faculty and staff.
- Complex medical-surgical nursing background and simulation experience.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or ability to complete DNP or PhD within five years of hire.
- Excellent verbal, written, and IT communication skills.
- Teaching (especially online) experience.
The College of St. Scholastica is a thriving independent private college with its main campus overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth, extended campuses throughout Minnesota and vibrant online programs that attract learners from around the world. Since 1912, The College of St. Scholastica (CSS) has been preparing students for responsible living and meaningful work by emphasizing the Catholic Benedictine values upon which it was founded: Community, Hospitality, Respect, Stewardship and Love of Learning. At CSS, equity and inclusion are viewed as key ingredients to academic excellence and student success.
The College serves students in undergraduate and graduate degree programs throughout six schools— nursing, arts and letters, business and technology, education, health sciences, and sciences. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks CSS among the best colleges and universities in the region for academic excellence.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
For more information and to apply, visit www.csshrjobs.com. The College of St. Scholastica is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.