Saint Mary's College of CaliforniaMoraga, CA United States
Job Number: 2015-1602836
Department: School of Economics & Business
Closing: 7/2/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Assistant to the Dean provides superior executive, administrative, and analytical support to the Dean in a variety of areas including; management of the Dean's office; confidential correspondence; maintenance of the Dean's calendar, managing committees and distribution lists; interfacing with the Advisory Boards and donors. The position will also provide general administrative support to the Executive Director of Finance and Administration.
1. Provide primary, executive level, high-quality administrative support for the Dean's Office. Works on a variety of complex assignments generally of a critical and/or confidential nature. Acts independently to identify and recommend methods and procedures. Provide superior support to the Dean in all clerical tasks including copying, filing, faxing, preparing documents, correspondence and other meeting preparation activities; Manage the Dean's calendar in an accurate and timely manner, including verifying and reminding participants for key meetings, providing meeting agendas and materials, and making travel arrangements. Work with external parties and internal offices of Saint Mary's to arrange meetings, locations and schedules; Manage business trips for the Dean and prepare related expense reports. Plan logistics of travel, register for conferences, make reservations; .Keep the Dean well informed as necessary about activities, information, or concerns about the School. Represents the office of the Dean in the absence of the Dean or other office personnel. Represent SEBA on Administrative Assistant workgroup; Hires and manages 1-2 student workers in the Dean's office.
2. Committee and Special Programs Communications Management: Represent the Dean's Office in a professional manner and with strict confidentiality and sensitivity. Support the Dean's participation in key meetings including SEBA Administrative Council, SEBA faculty and staff meetings, SEBA Advisory Board meetings, Executive Speakers Series by preparing relevant materials, taking and managing meeting minutes. Handles a broad range of complex inquiries, issues and confidential materials and may have significant interaction with VIP guests; Act on behalf of the Dean's office for external relations with the SEBA Advisory Board and donors. Prepare and distribute Dean's communications. Liaison with SEBA Advisory Boards, managing member lists, arranging for meetings, corresponding in writing and by phone. Attends meetings, provides setup and clerical support, takes minutes.
3. SEBA Faculty Committee and Distribution List Management: Assist the Dean in managing faculty-related matters consistent with the SMC Faculty Handbook. Provides all clerical and organizational support to the Dean's office with respect to faculty committees, lists and confidential assignments related to faculty matters. Track and maintain critical lists for the School including committee assignments, awards, faculty evaluations, faculty service, master teaching assignments, sabbaticals, R&T letters, and lists of external speakers. Coordinate SEBA elections for committees and awards.
4. Provide administrative support for the Executive Director of Finance and Administration including assistance with faculty contracts, new faculty onboarding, general expense report processing and other SMC Business Office document processing and tracking.
5. Provide planning and management for school-level events including event logistics (room reservation, catering arrangements, facility and media set up) and administrative support, including but not limited to, name badges, presentation materials, certificates etc.
6. Provide general reception support for the Power Plant including answering telephones, mail distribution and Power Plant conference room schedule. Manage drop-ins from faculty, staff, students, and the public. Create and revise plans for faculty office arrangement and sharing in advance of new semesters. Provide office facility oversight and management. Offer suggestions which support ongoing improvement of the look and functioning of offices and common areas
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: High School Diploma/Associate's Degree PREFERRED: BA or Master's
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience): 3-4 years of experience in a business or educational professional environment. Executive Assistant experience is a strong plus. Ability to work in a team and with diverse personalities.
Skills/Abilities (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical): Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, superb written and verbal skills. Must be able to work with the community external to Saint Mary's College with confidentiality and professionalism.
Licenses & Certifications (e.g. CPA, RN, etc.): REQUIRED: None
Other Requirements (e.g. travel, weekend/evening work): Must be able to work on weekends and evenings when required.
Supplemental InformationApplication Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu/
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
- A resume
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
- In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third-party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2295971
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Associates Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time