Central Michigan UniversityMt Pleasant, MI United States
Performs all phases of work related to the Central Michigan University Police Telecommunications and Dispatch Center. Operate a two-way radio and multi-line emergency and non-emergency telephone/911 system in receiving calls for service and dispatching law enforcement personnel and requesting services of EMS and fire. Operates a computer-aided dispatch system and other computer-related systems/programs and related work is required. Serve as the Terminal Agency Coordinator for the State of Michigan Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) and Administrator for the Michigan Criminal Justice Information Network (MiCJIN) portal. These duties include training, testing & certifying all Police Officers, staff and student employees on LEIN.
- Education equivalent to the completion of High School.
- Ability, within six months of hire, to successfully complete and pass the following: LEIN Certification, LEIN/NCIC Operator Certification, Basic/Advanced Dispatch School
- Experience with computer software applications.
- Proficient computer and data entry skills.
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to follow policy and procedures, confidential processes, and supervisory direction.
- Ability to have appropriate vision/hearing to perform necessary dispatch functions.
- Knowledge of the roads and principal locations within the University jurisdiction.
- Ability to gain considerable knowledge of dispatch equipment, communications equipment, and operations.
- Ability to multi-task and act quickly/professionally in emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
For more information and to apply visit, https://www.click2apply.net/BXLeEPhRdNxDUOEC15kp
"CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex-based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie)."
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time