Central Michigan UniversityMt Pleasant, MI United States
The Pathways Academic Advisor manages a caseload of undergraduate students with specific emphasis on low-income and/or first-generation students, providing comprehensive support for their academic performance, goals and timely completion of their degree. The Pathways Advisor is responsible for assisting students with advising on major, career exploration and helping students develop academic planning strategies. Utilizing technology and other resources, Academic Advisors work directly with students on course sequencing, success skills and habits and provides guidance as they progress toward degree completion. Advisors serve at orientation for new students and family members and teach freshman seminars designed to support college transition and student success.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working with students on a one-on-one basis.
- Experience with or knowledge of higher education academic policies, procedures, and graduation requirements.
- Two years of related higher education experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher.
- Flexibility in schedule and working hours to account for cyclical demands or last-minute changes to a student's schedule.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
For more information and to apply visit, https://www.click2apply.net/Y76JWxuJ84gZcY7u8woZ
“CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity for all individuals, irrespective of gender identity or sexual orientation and including but not limited to minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.”
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time