University of Notre DameNotre Dame, IN United States
Media Digitization Production Coordinator
University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162428&targetURL=https://jobs.nd.edu) is accepting applications for a Media Digitization Production Coordinator.
Applications will be accepted until 3/3/2021.
Working within the program for Teaching, Research, and User Services Program, the Media Digitization Production Coordinator manages the daily operation of media reformatting and video streaming services and plays a key role in the creation and provision of access to digital video collections. They manage all steps in the production workflow, including preparation, quality control, and conversion of media for online access and repository preservation. They are the primary contact with teaching and research faculty who use the course reserves service for teaching and ensure web access points of service. The Media Digitization Coordinator leads and oversees the daily operations of media digitization, including content management, troubleshooting, exception handling, and coordination of tasks among support staff. The Coordinator maintains project documentation, statistics, and recommends improvements.
• Organize, manage, and coordinate daily operations media digitization and streaming service in support of faculty course use needs. Manage access rights via Sakai and Concourse management systems in accordance with copyright status and requirements. Responsible for developing and improving media digitization processes. Serves in an advisory role regarding best practices for digitization of various formats.
• Train and oversee fellow library employees and student workers tasked with media digitization efforts for course reserves.
• Provide technical support for digitization, server, and streaming equipment, including identification and evaluation of upgrades as needed. Maintain usage statistics, project documentation, issue statistics reports, and recommend improvements.
• Serve as the primary contact with teaching and research faculty who use the course reserves service for teaching. Liaise with teaching and research faculty about streaming video services. Work with subject matter experts to suggest alternate selections for streaming course materials.
• Cross-trained to provide level two (of a 3-level system: basic, advanced, expert) services at any of the circulation desks in the Hesburgh Library system, interlibrary loan services, and other reserves processing services (includes specialized knowledge of the circulation modules in the Notre Dame and Saint Joseph County ILS systems).
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1 – 2 years of experience
• Demonstrated experience in digital video capture with commensurate technical skills, including the operation of digital capture hardware and knowledge of hardware troubleshooting.
• Proficiency with modern collaboration, office, and project management tools e.g. Google Docs/Drive, Slack, Jira, etc.
• Proficiency with a variety of video digitization software and imaging systems, primarily Quicktime Pro.
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, discretion, and initiative.
• Highly-developed organizational skills, with great attention to detail, and ability to coordinate numerous activities.
• Previous experience working in a library/archive environment
• Familiarity with Apple hardware and software
• Knowledge of legacy video standards
• Previous experience or degree in a media studies or a communications background
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162428&targetURL=http://ND.jobs to Job # https://apptrkr.com/2162428. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162428&targetURL=http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information