University of Notre DameNotre Dame, IN United States
Program Director, Undergraduate Studies - Jerusalem
University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162406&targetURL=https://jobs.nd.edu) is accepting applications for a Program Director, Undergraduate Studies - Jerusalem.
Applications will be accepted until 2/28/2021.
The University of Notre Dame at Tantur (UNDT) was introduced in 2018, unifying and facilitating the academic initiatives of the Tantur Ecumenical Institute (TEI) and the Jerusalem Global Gateway (JGG) on behalf of the efforts of the University of Notre Dame in Jerusalem. UNDT collaborates with academic, religious and diplomatic partners to provide scholarly, sociopolitical, spiritual, and service-learning opportunities. Located on 36 acres of land, the 130,000 square-foot facility includes 50 bedrooms, ten apartments, multiple meeting spaces, a 70,000-volume library, a chapel, and a large dining room. For more information please visit our webpage www.jerusalem.nd.edu.
The University of Notre Dame at Tantur seeks an administrator and educator who has a network of colleagues and academic administrative experience for the position of Program Director for Undergraduate Studies. In addition to providing academic oversight to existing and future educational programs, in concert with the Executive Director, the Program Director will be responsible for implementing the strategic goals for the study abroad program in Jerusalem; developing new and deepening existing collaborations with Israeli and Palestinian universities; and creating pathways for Notre Dame students to extend the global reach of their studies and research. The Program Director will report to the Executive Director of the University of Notre Dame at Tantur and supervise the undergraduate program staff.
Program Administration and Leadership
In concert and collaboration with the Executive Director and relevant Notre Dame International (NDI) colleagues, the Program Director (PD) is responsible for the following:
- Promotes and leads a successful academic program for undergraduates studying in Jerusalem
- Advises students on course requirements and offerings for the Jerusalem Global Gateway (JGG) study abroad program
- Develops curriculum and programming with colleagues on campus to maintain high quality academic standards
- Liaises with affiliated faculty and instructors interested in researching or teaching for the JGG undergraduate programs; facilitates the hiring process of adjunct instructors
- Designs and implements signature academic events unique to the University of Notre Dame at Tantur, e.g. in concert with other Notre Dame faculty or local partners
- Supervises the development of meaningful co-curricular and extra-curricular activities (e.g. trips, seminars, cultural and social events) for students
- Builds relationships with academic, corporate, NGO, and government partners to increase student internship and research opportunities
- Teaches at least one undergraduate course per semester and/or over each summer session
- Supports the strategic priorities for academic programs in alignment with NDI's strategic plan and study abroad goals
- Supports the Student Life Program Director in maintaining welfare, health and safety of participating students
The Program Director assists the Executive Director in the following:
- Executing NDI strategic vision and study abroad's goals in the JGG undergraduate programs
- Establishing financially sound models for the undergraduate programs, especially helping to form and execute the budget for the JGG undergraduate program
-Bachelors degree required, PhD preferred.
-Legal authorization to work in Israel/Palestine without visa sponsorship
- Demonstrated track record in international academic program development and management
- At least five years of work experience as an administrator in an institution of higher education in Israel/Palestine
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, and excellent interpersonal and management skills working within a multi-cultural, inter-faith team
- Strong sense of character, integrity, work ethic, and commitment to developing and sustaining relationships with a diverse constituency
- Committed to the mission and values of a faith-based, Roman Catholic institution
- Excellent written and verbal English required and preferred native fluency in Hebrew and Arabic
- Teaching experience strongly preferred
- Guiding license an asset
-Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, and ability to build strong, collaborative relationships
-Preferred knowledge of student life issues and Catholic higher education mission and values
-Experience/interest in working with US students in the context of international education
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162406&targetURL=http://ND.jobs to Job # https://apptrkr.com/2162406. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162406&targetURL=http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 5 - 7 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information