University of Notre DameNotre Dame, IN United States
Robinson Community Learning Center AmeriCorps Member (quarter-time, serving in the Youth Development Program
University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162403&targetURL=https://jobs.nd.edu) is accepting applications for a Robinson Community Learning Center AmeriCorps Member (quarter-time, serving in the Youth Development Program.
Applications will be accepted until 2/28/2021.
The mission of the Robinson Community Learning Center (RCLC) is to welcome community and Notre Dame partners that strengthen the Northeast Neighborhood of South Bend through relationship building and educational opportunities. By promoting innovation and excellence, the Center builds individual capacity and enhances existing systems throughout South Bend. The work of the RCLC addresses five goals to accomplish this mission: Hospitality, Education, Partnership, Civic Engagement, and Sustainability.
The RCLC Youth Development Program aims to improve educational outcomes for low-income, minority youth through the provision of comprehensive programming which includes afterschool tutoring, enrichment activities, and youth leadership training.
The AmeriCorps member will help coordinate and develop new and existing youth programs and activities, coordinate program evaluation, expand outreach, explore new partnership opportunities, and coordinate short-term projects and events.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Assist with coordination of the Afterschool Tutoring program to include individual learning goals for each child, and incorporate focused research-based tutoring strategies aligned with Indiana State Standards. Gather and organize resources for tutors, assist in tutor training, and develop/implement system for monitoring progress. Given the COVID related restrictions, tutoring may be offere in-person or remotely.
• Assist with program evaluation for Afterschool Tutoring program. This includes: attending and facilitating training in implementation of assessment tools, ensuring that pre-post testing is completed at appropriate times and the results collected, entering data, preparing reports, distributing and collecting evaluation surveys to parents and tutors, and communicating results to Youth Development Director and Volunteer Coordinator.
• Assist in recruiting/coordination of volunteers to participate in RCLC Youth Programs, and maintain ongoing communication with volunteers and Volunteer Coordinator.
• Work with Youth Development Director to explore opportunities to expand existing youth programming to include additional activities, times, or sites, or by offering programming remotely.
• Document RCLC Youth Program activities through photographs and text, and submit information regularly to the RCLC web site and Facebook page.
• Oversee special projects as requested, and work with RCLC program staff to coordinate Youth Program special events.
meetings/trainings at the RCLC.
AmeriCorps is a national service organization aimed at helping communities meet needs in areas, including education, by building capacity of community organizations. AmeriCorps is providing funding for the RCLC to have members during 2020-2021. These are service positions, rather than traditional “jobs.”
Quarter-time AmeriCorps members are expected to complete 450 service hours by the end of July, 2021. Members receive their Living Allowance in equal installments throughout their term of service. On completion of 450 hours of service, the member will receive an Education Award.
Quarter-Time AmeriCorps members will be compensated as follows:
Monthly Living Allowance: $285
Education Award: $1638 (on completion of 450 service hours)
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- US Citizen or lawful permanent resident alien.
Additional Qualifications include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interest in education, working with at-risk youth and community development.
- Public speaking and the ability to teach/train others.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Zoom. Willing to learn new on-line platforms if required.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work in a variety of settings.
- Sensitivity, compassion and listening skills required to work with a diverse audience including: RCLC staff, volunteers, fellow AmeriCorps members, Notre Dame and community partners, RCLC participants (ranging in age from early childhood through senior citizens), neighborhood residents and families of youth participants.
- Bachelor’s degree.
-Experience working with youth, ages 6-18
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162403&targetURL=http://ND.jobs to Job # https://apptrkr.com/2162403. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162403&targetURL=http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information