University of Notre DameNotre Dame, IN United States
Nanofabrication Facility Manager
University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162399&targetURL=https://jobs.nd.edu) is accepting applications for a Nanofabrication Facility Manager.
Applications will be accepted until 3/8/2021.
The Nanofabrication Facility Manager is the technical and management lead of the Notre Dame Nanofabrication Facility (NDNF). The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating research and teaching activities in the NDNF through training users, maintaining equipment and facilities, coordinating the activities of laboratory staff, and overseeing the administration of the facility. The candidate will also provide administrative and laboratory technical support for both internal and external laboratory users.
• Oversee the administration of the laboratory, including user training and billing, budgeting, and facility scheduling
• Train students and other lab users in the use of cleanroom and related processing equipment, including lithography, deposition, etching, and others
• Work with laboratory staff to repair and maintain cleanroom and related equipment and support infrastructure
• Interface with internal and external users
Up to one month salary for relocation expenses.
• Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering, materials science, microelectronics, nanoelectronics, or related fields
• 3–4 years’ experience
• Substantial competence/experience with semiconductor cleanroom operations, techniques, and equipment
• Excellent people skills to facilitate interactions with users and contractors
• Technical skills in cleanroom tool operation and maintenance. Troubleshooting electronics and vacuum systems to component level
• Knowledge of safety and health protocols for cleanroom operations
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162399&targetURL=http://ND.jobs to Job # https://apptrkr.com/2162399. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2162399&targetURL=http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information