Keuka CollegeKeuka Park, NY United States
Title: Assistant Coach ESports
Reports To: Director of Athletics & Head Coach Esports
Position Type: Temporary, Part-Time
Standard Hours: Less than 20 hours/week
FLSA Status: Exempt
Classification: Professional Staff
Under the guidelines of Keuka College, and associated Esports affiliations, the assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in the overall development and advancement of a competitive program while working in concert with athletic administration to recruit and promote the program. The assistant coach will supervise student-athletes and staff during practices and contests to ensure they represent Keuka College in a positive manner. It is also the responsibility of the assistant coach to assure that all Keuka College, ECAC, and other affiliated rules and regulations are followed. Any violation of these rules and regulations is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
- Assist in scheduling, organizing, supervising, and conducting all practice sessions and competitions.
- Assist in and develop season practice and game plans.
- Assist in the completion of all eligibility documents
- Determine individual and team strengths and develop strategies to maximize performance.
- Discipline student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations, and policies.
- Work with administrators to stay within fiscal and budgetary guidelines.
- Assist in the promotion of the program whenever and wherever possible.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned tasks are completed in compliance with various institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude at all times towards co-workers, internal and external customers, representing Keuka College, its programs, policies, and procedures in a positive and professional manner. Maintain effective working relationships to ensure institution-wide teamwork.
- Attend provided/necessary training and other meetings to support effectiveness within the position as required.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the Keuka College mission, vision, and values and adhering to institutional policies.
- Maintain a high regard for student privacy in accordance with the FERPA privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Perform other functions as assigned by management.
- Bachelors required.
- At least 2 years of coaching or playing experience, preferred.
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Attention to detail and high standards for quality.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Understand and behave with a high level of integrity and complete confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to be sensitive to and respond to the needs/concerns of students, faculty, college staff, and the public.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high tolerance for interruptions, and the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Part-Time
Contact / Additional Information
All interested candidates should apply here: https://www.keuka.edu/hr/employment-opportunities