Saint Mary's College of CaliforniaMoraga, CA United States
Salary: $26.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2015-1602714
Department: PROVOST'S OFFICE
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
This position is a 90 day temporary, part-time (20 hrs per week) role
The position of Credential & Records Specialist uses critical thinking skills to analyze transcripts and student records for multiple purposes. Additionally, this position is responsible for the review and submission of credential applications to the state of California (Commission on Teacher Credentialing). This position will utilize campus student information systems (Colleague, Informer) as well as Excel and imaging applications in addition to other tools to analyze student records.
1. Document Analysis
- Audit transcripts and design a customized plan to help students who need to build units to qualify for admission for undergraduate and graduate programs, which includes college or graduate coursework, professional course credit and selected subject exams that award unit credit with a passing score.
- Monitor functionalities of database systems (ie: Taskstream, ImageNow, Colleague and/or Slate) as used by KSOE, to help streamline processes.
2. Credential Analysis
- Credential document review, confirmation of documents received, and submission of institutional recommendation to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing for 6 credential programs
- Provide support and respond to student requests as it pertains to credential document submission.
- Communicate the status of credential document submission progress and updates to departments and students as needed (monitor additional credential inbox)
- Apply policies and requirements of the CTC as pertaining to credentialing
- Collaborate with KSOE departments to ensure credential processes are current and documented
- Communicate with students regarding documents, answer routine student questions
3. Credential Analysts typically perform duties that include some or all of the following: data entry; scan documents; maintain files; review transcripts; compile data and prepare reports; prepare correspondence; and may perform routine clerical functions as needed, such as sorting mail, greeting customers, answering phones and providing assistance, filing and using standard office equipment.
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: BA or comparable experience PREFERRED: BA
Experience: 3-5 years in an office setting, preferred in an education (K12 or higher education) setting.
Skills/Abilities: Demonstrated ability with Excel, and experience analyzing documents, excellent written and verbal skills to be able to clearly communicate requirements to students, staff and faculty.
Licenses & Certifications: REQUIRED: none
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
For more information and to apply visit https://apptrkr.com/2119965
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
- A resume
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
- In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.