Central Michigan UniversityMt Pleasant, MI United States
This position is responsible for art curation, exhibitions, and programs in the Park Library. The ability to work independently is required. Essential duties include identifying, planning, marketing, and installing art exhibits created by other individuals or curated by the coordinator. Duties include managing and exhibiting the University Libraries' permanent art collection. Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates student assistants.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Art, Graphic Design, or Museum Studies.
- Ability to self-manage workload and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out responsibilities both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships to support of the art community.
- Ability to perform the essential functions and requirements of the job.
"CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex-based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie)."
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years
- Part/Full Time: Part-Time
Contact / Additional Information
For more information and to apply visit https://www.click2apply.net/BX7lr5I7xxqjHOEC15kp