Georgia Southern UniversitySavannah, GA United States
Job ID: 222082
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Serve as frontline contact for dual enrollment students for developmental academic advising to drive engagement and empower students to achieve their academic and career goals. Build formative relationships with students by interpreting information concerning course descriptions, program requirements, prerequisites, and registration procedures. Play vital role in maximizing student success.
• Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
• May participate with Advisor II and Ill on special projects or tasks as assigned/approved by supervisor
• Provide current and prospective students with in-depth information regarding course descriptions, prerequisites, program requirements and registration procedures
• Assess academic level and attend to student academic inquiries
• Assist in resolution of individual academic problems
• Participate at New Student Orientation - including creating and giving presentations, advisement, registration, problem solving and course evaluations
• Review and perform preliminary evaluation of transcript and provides early advisement to transfer students
• Counsel student and assist with developing academic schedule and makes referrals to services offered on-campus
• Create advising materials and checklist in consultation with departments and colleges
• Assist with data collection, data entry, analyses and creation of statistical reports
• Assist with contacting students-includes scheduling appointments
• Advise students on options to satisfy degree requirements
• Notification of meetings and special events by emails, flyers and phone calls
• Academic file maintenance including creating folders, posting grades
• Auditing of students degree and program for correct information in Banner
• Represent center and college at meetings, open houses and recruitment events
• Develop and maintain appropriate student files and records Advise new students on a continuous basis
• Assist Admissions Office with Dual Enrollment recruitment events as needed
• Maintain and update approved course list in GATRACS
• Develop and maintain relationships with high school partners, campus partners, and State Officials
• Support students in establishing realistic and attainable academic and career goals
• Monitor student academic progress
• Make referrals to campus resources as needed
• Use appropriate University systems to maintain student records and advisor notes
• Identify current and potential challenges that may negatively impact student success
• Understand and abide by student privacy regulations such as FERPA
• Assist with advisement and registration at orientation
• Bachelor's degree
• One or more years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Proficient with GATRACS
• Demonstrated knowledge of Dual Enrollment state law and policies
Preferred Educational Qualifications
• Master's degree
Required Documents to Attach
• Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
• Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
• Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
• Ability to work well collaboratively and independently
• Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
• Understanding of campus resources available to students
• Familiar with college and university policies/procedures
• Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
• Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
• Demonstrated ability to utilize advisor resources to meet goals
• Demonstrate a general level of understanding of advisement theory and practices
• Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
• Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Apply Before Date
December 9, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Job%20Opening%20Question.
Conditions of Employment
• Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
• Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Tier 1 Certification must be completed within the first six (6) months of employment (i.e., NACADA's Core Competencies and Core Values of Academic Advising and multiple topics related specifically to Georgia Southern University)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Standard and Education
3900103103 Exploratory & Dual Enr Advismt
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2079771
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2079771