The College of St. ScholasticaDuluth, MN United States
The College of St. Scholastica invites applications for the position of Assistant Football Coach to assist the head coach in the administration of all phases of an intercollegiate NCAA Division III football program. The Assistant Coach will coach a five-position group, run meetings and manage academic tracking. Depending on experience, coordinator responsibilities may be possible. This is a full-time, 12-month per year position.
• Ensures integration of football program activities to College mission and culture.
• Demonstrates a contribution to equity, diversity, and inclusion in support of College goals.
• Assists in the recruitment of a wide diversity of prospective student-athletes in order to reach the teams’ target roster size; identifies and contacts prospective student-athletes; interact with prospective student-athletes during their college search; coordinates completion of application and financial aid forms/submittals; provides campus-tours and facilitates overnight visits.
• Assists in the coaching of the football team; oversees practices; provides feedback to enable continuous improvement; ensures adherence to strength, conditioning and nutritional guidelines; develops game plans and consults with coaching staff.
• Consults with athletic trainers to evaluate athletes’ physical condition, response and progress and discusses appropriate course of remediation/improvement.
• Supervises conditioning programs; stresses preventative medicine using conditioning exercises and weight training programs.
• Ensures compliance with NCAA, Conference and internal policies and procedures; reports any known or suspected violations promptly to the Head Coach and Director of Athletics.
• Assists in monitoring and maintaining inventory of supplies; may provide recommendations related to purchase of supplies.
• Interfaces with student athletes, staff, coaches, physicians, trainers, parents and auxiliary medical personnel for counseling purposes and information exchange.
• Ensures proper functioning, maintenance and cleanliness of athletic facilities and equipment; arranges for repairs as required.
• Assists with alumni outreach and fundraising initiatives.
• Stays informed of developments in field; reads pertinent literature, attends meetings and educational classes and participates in professional associations as appropriate.
• Maintains a variety of records; makes periodic and special reports of work performed.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree; AND previous professional recruit and coaching experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Principles and practices of program planning, development, implementation and administration.
• Principles, practices, strategy and tactics of assigned athletic activities.
• NCAA student-athlete academic eligibility requirements and recruiting regulations.
• Rules, regulations and policies pertaining to assigned athletic activities.
• Computer applications related to the work.
• Budget and financial record keeping practices.
• Knowledge of and experience working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Skill in assisting in the development and implementation of program and project goals, objective, procedures and work standards.
The College of St. Scholastica is a thriving independent private college with its main campus overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth, extended campuses throughout Minnesota and vibrant online programs that attract learners from around the world. Since 1912, The College of St. Scholastica (CSS) has been preparing students for responsible living and meaningful work by emphasizing the Catholic Benedictine values upon which it was founded: Community, Hospitality, Respect, Stewardship and Love of Learning. At CSS, equity and inclusion are viewed as key ingredients to academic excellence and student success.
The College serves students in undergraduate and graduate degree programs throughout six schools— nursing, arts and letters, business and technology, education, health sciences, and sciences. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks CSS among the best colleges and universities in the region for academic excellence.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
The College of St. Scholastica is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. For more information and to apply, visit www.csshrjobs.com.