University of Central FloridaOrlando, FL United States
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, GREEK LIFE
Job no: 499645
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Location: Main Campus (Orlando)
Categories: Student Development/Enrollment Services
Classification Title: Assistant Director, Greek Life
The Assistant Director, Sorority and Fraternity Life supports the mission of the Division of Student Development and Enrollment Services (SDES) and Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life (OSFL) by providing an extensive span of professional work in advising and programming support for students and fraternities and sororities (40+) that are recognized by the University of Central Florida.
- The main functions of this position will focus on the advising of the Interfraternity Council (IFC), the coaching of 10-12 chapters within our community, overseeing the Standards of Excellence process, coordinating a comprehensive safety and risk reduction program for our fraternity and sorority community, and supervision of a Coordinator.
- This role will provide necessary oversight for chapters that require an elevated knowledge of risk reduction strategies, a comprehensive understanding of chapter management effective practices, and a supportive advisor who has knowledge of student success strategies, is culturally competent and has experience working with diverse populations, understands how to and creates partnerships with different stakeholders, and contributes to ongoing student learning.
SDES - Fraternity and Sorority Life
Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Some nights and weekends are required.
Type of Appointment:
Bachelor's and 4+ years of relevant experience or Masters degree and 2+ years of relevant experience with at least 1+ year(s) of leadership experience.
- Master's degree in education focused on college student affairs/personnel, higher education administration or an appropriate area of specialization at time of hire and two years of professional level work in student affairs or a related field, or a bachelor’s degree in a related area of specialization and four years of professional level work in student affairs or a related field.
- Ability to work on multiple projects during a single day, to prioritize many activities, communicate with a wide range of constituents, and write effectively and professionally.
Additional Application Materials Requirements:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Should be able to work regularly on a computer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 4 - 6 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please Note: Applicants must apply through https://jobs.ucf.edu/. No paper applications, resumes, cover letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this A&P position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents can be attached through https://jobs.ucf.edu/website. The job number for this position is #499645.