University of Central FloridaOrlando, FL United States
DIRECTOR, FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE
Job no: 499483
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Location: Main Campus (Orlando)
Categories: Student Development & Enrollment Services
Classification title: Director, First Year Experience
The Director manages a budget of approximately $2.4 million. This includes the review and establishment of sustainable purchases/adjustments within the departmental budget as necessary. The director also has oversight of the organizational, administrative, supervisory, scheduling, procedural, departmental assessment, and evaluation of all aspects of First Year Experience and its programs. This includes Orientation, SLS 1501: Freshman Seminar Course, Pegasus Parent Program, and Family Weekend. This position has the following professional duties:
- Supervision of an office staff comprised of five (5) A & P staff, three (3) USPS administrative staff, and three (3) graduate assistants. In addition to these staff, the office is responsible for approximately 100 student employees in various programs over the course of the year.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative partnerships with more than 100 key stakeholders across the UCF community in order to facilitate strong programs for students and their families. Some key partners include, but are not limited to UCF Colleges and academic advisors, Business Services, and all depts. in SDES.
- Oversight of the Pegasus Parent Program which requires partnerships with various offices. The current program includes a virtual newsletter, listserv, Parent Ambassador Program, Family Weekend, and the Parent and Family Fund Grant process facilitated with the UCF Foundation.
- Provide guidance regarding effective marketing and communication strategies to promote programs, services, and activities to students served as well as campus-wide constituencies.
- Recommends and assists in the development and implementation of university policies and procedures in relation to FYE.
- Serve as a liaison to offices and departments regarding student engagement and programming opportunities to address the needs and issues of students transitioning with emphasis on retention and academic success.
- The Director serves as a representative on university committees that are dedicated to university-wide initiatives and SDES priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
SDES-First Year Experience
Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Type of Appointment:
$64,518 - Negotiable
Bachelor's and 8+ years of relevant experience or Masters degree and 6+ years of relevant experience with at least 3+ year(s) of leadership experience
- Prefer 3-5 years of previous experience working in a First-Year Experience or similar office.
- Should have experience working in a mid-size to the large institution of higher education and experience creating and delivering large scale programming
- Should have demonstrated leadership, budgeting, and program assessment experience
- Should have demonstrated skills, knowledge, and abilities to effectively lead and collaborate with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, and administrators are essential.
- Should have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and data analysis skills.
- Prefer experience with PeopleSoft and Microsoft products.
- Should have strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
Additional Application Materials Requirements:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a repost position. Previous applicants are still being considered and do not need to reapply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 8 - 10 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Please Note: Applicants must apply through https://jobs.ucf.edu/. No paper applications, resumes, cover letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this A&P position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents can be attached through https://jobs.ucf.edu/website. The job number for this position is #499439.