University of OklahomaNorman, OK United States
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF STUDENT AFFAIRS ADMINISTRATION
About the University of Oklahoma
Created by the Oklahoma Territorial Legislature in 1890, the University of Oklahoma (OU) is a doctoral degree-granting research university serving the educational, cultural, economic, and health-care needs of the state, region, and nation. OU consists of three campus locations in Oklahoma as well as several centers abroad. The Norman campus serves as home to all of the university’s academic programs except health-related fields. OU enrolls almost 32,000 students, has more than 2,800 full-time faculty members, and has 21 colleges offering 172 majors at the baccalaureate level, 156 majors at the master’s level, 81 doctoral-level majors and 54 graduate certificates.
The OU campus community is committed to maintaining an environment where individuals work collaboratively with mutual respect and assure the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity. The Division of Student Affairs strives to enhance students’ academic success by developing student skills, cultivating diverse, campus life experiences and enriching the university community through programs and services.
Organization: Student Affairs Administration Office
Job Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm with occasional nights and weekends
Salary Range: $18.27/hour - $19.71/hour based on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
The Assistant Director of Student Affairs Administration will provide broad support to the Vice President for Student Affairs office and the Division of Student Affairs, including coordinating and providing support for special projects, designing internal and external communication, assisting with assessment and accreditation, and providing administrative support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinating and assisting with Student Affairs Initiatives such as collecting and compiling Annual Report data, and coordinating Graduate Recruitment Weekend and OU Suit UP,
- Designing and updating content for division-wide communication and the department website,
- Designing fundraising communication geared towards alumni and potential donors,
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing data / information and preparing reports or responses to inquiries,
- Coordinating and providing support for special projects, including ordering materials and ensuring delivery and installation of materials,
- Assisting in the supervision of graduate students and student hourly employees,
- Acting as the Student Affairs contact for the division-wide assessment tracking and reporting system,
- Assisting in preparation of accreditation and assessment documentation and reports,
- Acting as adviser to student organization Class Council,
- Processing invoices for payment using the university-wide accounts payable system,
- Providing professional administrative support, including coordinating meetings and travel, answering phones and routing calls to appropriate persons, welcoming visitors to the office and assisting them as needed, and
- Performing various clerical tasks (filing papers, organizing supplies, etc.) as needed.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 18-36 months experience in professional administrative support
- Basic math skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Able to produce reports and complete work within deadlines
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- Able to work well with interdepartmental teams and initiatives
- General office skills such as multi-line phone, copying, filing, faxing, and mail
- Customer service
- Able to work independently
- Composition and proofreading skills
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to verbally exchange information with others and engage in repetitive motion.
- Prior University experience
Supervision: Student Group
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Job Posting: Oct 8, 2020
Applicants must submit an ONLINE application at http://jobs.ou.edu for Job Requisition # 202645. Computers and personal assistance are available at the Office of Human Resources, 905 Asp, Room 205, Norman, OK 73069. Include job requisition number on all correspondence. Deadlines subject to change with or without notice. For further information on this or other University of Oklahoma job opportunities, please call (405) 325-1826 or access our website at www.hr.ou.edu.
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time