Old Dominion UniversityNorfolk, VA United States
Old Dominion University Research Foundation is currently seeking a Director of Sponsored Programs to lead and direct the grants and contracts administration processes of the Research Foundation and to provide strategic input at the executive level of the organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the incumbent will serve as subject matter expert on grant and contract regulations, providing interpretation on policies and regulations pertinent to Federal, University and Research Foundation guidelines. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring the collaborative and coordinated efforts between the Research Foundation, University staff and various outside parties regarding research matters.
- Leads, coordinates, manages and provides oversight of proposal submission and post-award administration systems including budget monitoring, compliance, fiscal reporting, project performance and project close out;
- ?Collaborate with the Executive Director and coordinate with the Directors of Finance and HR in determining goals for unit. Establishes unit priorities, monitors workloads and prepares management reports for the activities of the unit;
- Liaise with University Office of Research with regard to export and data controlled Sponsored Programs agreements, research development and faculty training activities;
- Supervise staff and conduct regular reviews of GCA activities, evaluate staff performance;
- Coach staff members in negotiating sponsored program agreements, provide in-service training;
- Provide technical assistance to staff assigned and identify training and staff development needs;
- Communicate and interpret policies and procedures of the Research Foundation with various University faculty, staff and external sponsors;
- Participate in the development of business intelligence and management information systems and procedures;
- Serve as a project administrator for particularly complex programs;
- Effectuate efficient interface between research development and pre- and post-award processes;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with sponsors, PIs, research centers and GCAs to ensure a proactive customer service orientation;
- All other duties, as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. A Master’s degree in related field and CRA highly preferred. Ten plus years research administration experience and five plus years of direct managerial/supervisory experience in a university or related setting required.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefit program. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Open until filled.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Master's Degree Preferred
- Work Experience: 0 - 2 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information
Qualified applicants are encouraged to visit the ODU Research Foundation Employment page and apply at: http://researchfoundation.odu.edu/. Please include a Cover Letter and Resume. Specify job # 20-032