Georgia Southern UniversityStatesboro, GA United States
Director of General Health Services
Job ID: 220763
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provide strategic and administrative leadership for a multi-location operation to ensure the provision of quality healthcare and services to University students and eligible patients. In collaboration with Medical Director, Director of Health Services oversees all financial and administrative operations of Health Services that include primary care, women's health, sports medicine, psychiatry, physical therapy, x-ray, laboratory, vision center, retail pharmacy, management of the university immunization compliance program and USG-sponsored student health insurance plan.
• Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
• Manage financial operations of Health Services, including planning and implementation
• Oversee Health Center facilities including use of physical workspace, facility equipment and supplies, internal and external building maintenance, utilities, telecommunications, and building security
• Lead and supervise team members, including administrative and clinical
• Maintain, communicate and follow Health Services personnel policies and procedures
• Recruit and select team members
• Manage and focus on retention efforts
• Hire and terminate team members as needed
• Ensure efficient, effective internal and external management information system, including planning, implementation, and ongoing management of practice management and administrative support systems working with appropriate University support offices
• Provide for adequate orientation and training of staff to familiarize them with policies, procedures and facility
• Conduct performance evaluations of employees supervised
• Evaluate utilization of Health Services programs and services through effective patient encounter tracking/reporting and conduct periodic client satisfaction audits
• Develop and maintain a community referral base, consisting of clinics, emergency facilities, tertiary care facilities, counseling resources and physician specialists
• Work in accordance with policies, programs and government requirements, with emphasis on accreditation standardsParticipate on committees within department
• Follow safety and other risk management policies
• Manage the contracted operation on the Armstrong Campus in Savannah
• Oversee enrollment process for the USG-sponsored student health insurance plan
• Oversee university immunization compliance program
• Oversee insurance credentialing process and third-party billing
• Bachelor's degree in health, public administration or related field
• Five or more years of related work experience
• Three or more years of management experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
• Master's degree in health, public administration or related field
• Seven (7) or more years of related work experience
Commensurate with experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Exhibit engaging customer service
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with medical and non-medical staff, faculty, staff and students
• Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Google and e-mail
• Knowledgeable about medical practice management information systems and ambulatory care compliance and accreditation processes
• Knowledgeable about policy, State and Federal regulations
• Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
• Demonstrated budget management training and experience
• Effective communication (verbal and written); organizational (time management and detail orientation); and human relations (including demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic) skills
• Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Apply Before Date
October 13, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto:email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
• Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
• Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
• Up-to-date immunizations, and TB and drug screenings prior to employment
• Subject to drug screening upon hire and random drug screening throughout employment
• Clinical staff will be subject to a continuous query of the National Practitioner Data Bank. Any findings from such query will be addressed appropriately, up to and including termination
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Work generally performed in office environment
• Workweek occasionally extends beyond 40 hours
• Occasional travel required
• Able to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• May be exposed to chemicals such as disinfectants, cleansers and soaps
• Possible exposure to latex, plastic and other PPE materials
• Possible exposure to bio-hazardous materials, including pathogens
2500101 - General Health Services
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2001469
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
- Work Experience: 5 - 7 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information