Central Michigan UniversityMt Pleasant, MI United States
The Dean of the College of Science and Engineering is responsible for all operations of the College and provides leadership regarding graduate and undergraduate education both on- and off-campus. The Dean reports to the Executive Vice President/Provost and is a member of the Council of Deans, Academic Senate, and Academic Planning Council. The Dean works closely with the several other academic college deans and the Vice President for Research and Innovation, as well as other administrative leaders, department chairs, and program coordinators. The academic units that comprise the College include: The School of Engineering and Technology, the Departments of Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Computer Science, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Geography & Environmental Studies, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics, Actuarial & Data Sciences.
- Academic credentials in a science, engineering or technology field and academic achievements appropriate for appointment as a tenured full professor in a department within the College.
- A record of outstanding administrative and academic leadership success.
- A record of teaching excellence and mentoring of students;Strong budgeting and financial planning experience;Innovative program development.
- A strong record of advocacy for diversity.
- Demonstrated success with shared governance.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to public higher education.
For more information and to apply visit https://www.Click2Apply.net/5whvdt264g5s4vj6
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be made to CMU's Title IX Coordinator, the US Department of Education's Assistant Secretary, or both.
CMU's Title IX Coordinator can be reached at:
"CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex-based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie)."
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: Doctorate Required
- Work Experience: 5 - 7 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time