Georgia Southern UniversityStatesboro, GA United States
Job ID: 219624
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Install and maintain electrical systems, install and maintain wiring and lighting systems, inspect electrical components such as transformers and circuit breakers, and repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures in residential areas and smaller businesses. Responsible for maintenance of electrical systems with charges less than one (1) kilovolt, or 1,000 volts.
• Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
• Establish performance and safety standards and procedures for department while ensuring compliance with state laws, state electrical codes, safety, and environmental standards
• Provide leadership, supervision, and instruction to personnel assigned to Electrical Shop
• Supervise installation and maintenance of electrical systems for campus buildings, equipment, electrical fixtures, and lighting
• Assign workload to achieve maximum efficiency in department
• Perform job inspections to ensure work meets all compliance standards
• Maintain inventory as to eliminate down-time in production
• Select materials and equipment at competitive prices
• Work with campus engineers to ensure electrical plans are circuited correctly and power is available at each location
• Perform all high voltage maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on campus related to 7200/12740 volts, three phase, four wire, wye, 60 Hertz, with neutral
• Oversee power disconnects so external contractors can secure into proper power source
• Locate high voltage duct bank, GTE underground cables, underground computer cables, underground street light circuits, and underground secondary cables for outside contractors
• Set up sound systems on campus for special events
• Provide electrical power when necessary
• Provide service for home football games related to headphones, scoreboard and sound system
• Follow all safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
• Maintain, repair and clean tools, equipment, assigned service vehicle, and work areas
• Install and repair common appliances and maintenance of alarms such as burglar alarms and landscape lighting
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Three (3) or more years of work-related experience
$33,300 - $38,988
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Exhibit engaging customer service
• Ability to work well in a diverse environment
• Ability to obtain a low voltage license and related certification
• Ability to use basic math skills daily
• Ability to analyze while multi-tasking
• Provide technical advice to non-technical and technical audiences
• Demonstrate broad knowledge of electrical field
• Strong working knowledge of electrical processes
• Knowledge and experience in fault analysis and rectification
• Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
• Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
• Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated collaborative problem-solving skills
• Attentive to detail
• Manage projects to fit budget, deadline and timeline decisions
• Adept at testing, modifying and re-testing
Apply Before Date
August 27, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or mailto:email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
• Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
• Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
• Proof of valid Georgia Driver's license upon hire
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Able walk, climb, balance, stretch, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and stand throughout day
• Able to stretch above head on a regular basis
• Can work in confined spaces
• Able to maneuver items up to 40 lbs. with or without accommodation
• Work at heights exceeding 25 feet
• Assemble and work from lifts and ladders
• Occasionally work from poles
• Exposed to outdoor elements
• Work with live circuits most of each day
9920401 - Armstrong Facilities Operations
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1969272
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Part/Full Time: Full-Time
Contact / Additional Information