Georgia Southern UniversityStatesboro, GA United States
The Staff Assistant/Test Proctor will administer and monitor the GACE, CLEP, ISO Quality Testing, Kryterion, and Scantron exams, and additional computer based exams administered through the Office of Testing Services in the Academic Success Center and reports to the Coordinator of Testing Services; administer computer based testing; complete mandatory certification through the testing vendors; and follow all guidelines and test security standards set by the testing companies. This is a 19-hour non-benefited position based on testing needs located on the Statesboro campus.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Provide information and assist examinees with registration
- Travel occasionally to other testing sites
- Set up testing room with dividers, headphones, and pencils; log in and load testing software on computers; break down the testing room and secure equipment and materials after exam
- Check in test takers, including securing personal belongings of examinees during the test
- Observe examinees
- Maintain calm and quiet testing environment
- Troubleshoot computer software issues and escalate testing issues to vendor
- Destroy used testing materials and maintain an inventory of testing materials
- Communicate with the Coordinator of Testing Services testing issues
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
Required Experience: One or more years of related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations (including exceptional customer service) skills
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Job ID: 219679
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Background Check: Standard
Department Information: 3900103011 - Testing-Academic Success Ctr
Proposed Salary: $12,112.50
Apply Before Date: August 5, 2020
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in a testing lab
- Workweek is up to 19 hours based on testing needs
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
• Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
• Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1967690
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Start Date: No Start Date
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Work Experience: 1 - 3 years
- Part/Full Time: Part-Time